"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 02-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #11
Senior Cook

^ thanks for the tip, Corey. Sounds easier than washing it on the counter and than trying to shoe-horn it into the sink to rinse it off!

The chopper I got was the Vidalia Chop Wizard: https://www.chopwizard.com/?source=g...FQsoUAodb2zIRA Gonna use it soon for a fruit salad and to prep some fruits for a smoothie.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Danger, danger, Will Robinson (Robot on Lost in Space)!!

Do not do that if the plates aren't removable. The inside could get wet and the next time you plug it in to use it, you could be in danger of getting an electric shock!!

I usually clean it first, then I wipe it off with a cloth dampened in clear water.

Yeah, I bought the Vidalia Chop Wizard already. Twice.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #13
Senior Cook

I may be young, but I've seen bits of the original Lost in Space. LOL!!

I already got the Foreman grill, I'm not going to wash it the way I did yesterday ever again. 34 bux with tax isn't a bad deal for a 24 sq. in. grill, IMO. I'll put it to use, get my 34 out of it and sell it when I can afford the good one with removable plates and bun warmer.

I got it at Linens 'N Things yesterday. They had a big sale and I bought a bunch of stuff there. I got an 18 piece glass set (6 rocks glasses, 6 juice glasses and 6 regular glasses), the grill, chop wizard, two towel sets (2 hand, 2 wash and 2 shower; blue and pink), and dryer balls to keep my shower towels nice and fluffy. Now I need to get working on the apartment cause Crystals room is running out of space for our stuff! I need to throw out like half my room and use my room as storage space since I practically live with her anyhoo.

back on track, I'm thinking of throwing some flounder fillets on there tomorrow for dinner. Sprinkle a little something on them and toss 'em on the grill. MMMMMMMM! I can taste them already!
Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #14
Cook

We have two non-GF grills, ones a Cuisinart (which I liked, b/c it had heat controls--but non-removable grills) and a Hamilton Beach, which does not have heat controls but does have removable plates that make clean up soooo much easier. I love it--we make just about everything we can on it. I love to do veggies, etc. I use a little liquid smoke on our turkey burgers and they taste great. And I pre-cook steak-fry sliced sweet potatoes in the microwave, then grill them with a little brown sugar or maple syrup....the uses are endless in our home :)
Old 02-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #15
Senior Cook

That's why I like it. There are so many dishes I can make with it. Better, It's cold as anything outside and I've been craving a grilled burger, BAD! I bought a bunch of stuff from Omaha Steaks and I really wanted to do them up on a charcoal grill, but since I am impatient and the FG is healthier, I think I may de-frost a few burgers or steaks and grill 'em up!
Old 02-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
That's why I like it. There are so many dishes I can make with it. Better, It's cold as anything outside and I've been craving a grilled burger, BAD! I bought a bunch of stuff from Omaha Steaks and I really wanted to do them up on a charcoal grill, but since I am impatient and the FG is healthier, I think I may de-frost a few burgers or steaks and grill 'em up!

Good!! What time is dinner? Guess who's coming to dinner? Haha!!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #17
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I see Clutch in the kitchen takin off the chill,

just bought a Foreman grill...

(sorry, bad improv of that darned "just bought a caddilick" song)...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
Senior Cook

We made the burgers on her mom's FG with the bun warmer on top and the on/off switch. I like mine better cause I can set the heat, on here's it's either on or off. I kinda burnt them cause I wasn't sure of how hot it was going to be, but they were good non-the-less.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
We made the burgers on her mom's FG with the bun warmer on top and the on/off switch. I like mine better cause I can set the heat, on here's it's either on or off. I kinda burnt them cause I wasn't sure of how hot it was going to be, but they were good non-the-less.
Since I am thinking about getting a gf grill like yours, and because you are trying all this new stuff to see what it can do, I am wondering how it would work on grilling green bell peppers. I would like to be able to cut a bell in half or quarters, brush with some evoo, and slam it flat in the grill and let it cook inside and out. I am pretty sure it would work with sliced onions but what about sliced tomatoes? Can you grill sliced potatoes on this?
Do you think it could make round steak more tenderized for steak burgers?
Can you heat flour tortillas on it?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Stirblue, you can cook anything on this thing! I have cooked tortillas - I made cheese quesadillas - fantastic! My son, who is only 2, loves his grilled cheese on the foreman - he points to it and says gill, gill. I have cooked veggies before but not peppers but see no reason why you couldn't. I always cook my bacon on the george foreman - so much less mess! I also have the one with an on-off switch, temperature control and removeable grates.