Just got a Foreman grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clutch

Washing Up
They had the 24 sq. in. one at LNT on sale, 60% off, plus I used the extra 20% off coupon on it. I'm going to try it tonight when I cook the chicken for dinner in a little bit. My only complaint right now is, the power cord is too short. You're kinda limited to where you can put it. Either that or my friends apt. doesn't have enough outlets. LOL!!!

Oh, and there's no on/off switch either. I don't like that cause I have a tendancy to leave things plugged in when they need to be unplugged.

Last edited:
What cut of chicken are you cooking and how are you seasoning it?

As for the short chord, you should be able to use an extension chord that accommodates small appliances, and/or a power strip, which has an on/off chord.

Lee

Congrats Clutch.....I love mine. The only things I've made on it are burgers and chicken breasts but the meat is always so juicy.

We've used our Foreman-like grill to cook fish, chicken, pork chops, ham slices, cuts of beef, bacon, hash brown patties. All sorts of stuff. Once you get used to it, you'll think of all kinds of things to cook on/in it.

It was just plain chicken breasts. I didn't put anything on them and I think I left them on a little too long. They were good none the less. I think I am going to try our flounder on it tomorrow or soon after.

I just got finished washing it and That is a PITA too! LOL!!

I got water in every single place in that darn grill I could! Oh well, worth the 32 bucks.

I was thinking about the extension cord with an on/off switch while Crystal and I were enjoying the chicken. I really enjoyed it. I was amazed at how much fat actually ran off the chicken. (Wow, it sounds like I am in the commercial for the thing, huh?)

Oh, I also got one of those chopper/dicer things. The "As seen on TV" one.

This is the closest thing I could find:

Nicer Dicer

The one I got has the bottom where you can measure what you are chopping and a light green handle.

I ordered one with the removable plates last week, quite inexpensive at $39.88 shipped. This will replace my old model which was so difficult to clean I rarely used it. Grilled salmon, gotta love it!

I love my foreman grill. I have the one with removeable plates and on/off switch plus a timer and temperature gauge. I make alot of it, chicken, burgers, chops, quesadillas, paninis, veggies - the list goes on. With the removeable plates, clean up is very easy. Glad you liked the chicken Clutch - keep on grillin!

Michelemarie said:
I love my foreman grill. I have the one with removeable plates and on/off switch plus a timer and temperature gauge. I make alot of it, chicken, burgers, chops, quesadillas, paninis, veggies - the list goes on. With the removeable plates, clean up is very easy. Glad you liked the chicken Clutch - keep on grillin!

I'll have to remember this and keep my eye out for one to replace the one I have.

If any of you have the older GF grill - the one with the nonrevovable plates, just get some Dawn Power Dissolver and spray some of it on both plates after it cools down and let it sit for 15 minutes.

It'll just lift all that cooked-on burnt-on junk right off, making the grilll a snap to clean!! I know. I've already tried it a few times.

Last edited:
Danger, danger, Will Robinson (Robot on Lost in Space)!!

Do not do that if the plates aren't removable. The inside could get wet and the next time you plug it in to use it, you could be in danger of getting an electric shock!!

I usually clean it first, then I wipe it off with a cloth dampened in clear water.

Yeah, I bought the Vidalia Chop Wizard already. Twice.

I may be young, but I've seen bits of the original Lost in Space. LOL!!

I already got the Foreman grill, I'm not going to wash it the way I did yesterday ever again. 34 bux with tax isn't a bad deal for a 24 sq. in. grill, IMO. I'll put it to use, get my 34 out of it and sell it when I can afford the good one with removable plates and bun warmer.

I got it at Linens 'N Things yesterday. They had a big sale and I bought a bunch of stuff there. I got an 18 piece glass set (6 rocks glasses, 6 juice glasses and 6 regular glasses), the grill, chop wizard, two towel sets (2 hand, 2 wash and 2 shower; blue and pink), and dryer balls to keep my shower towels nice and fluffy. Now I need to get working on the apartment cause Crystals room is running out of space for our stuff! I need to throw out like half my room and use my room as storage space since I practically live with her anyhoo.

back on track, I'm thinking of throwing some flounder fillets on there tomorrow for dinner. Sprinkle a little something on them and toss 'em on the grill. MMMMMMMM! I can taste them already!

We have two non-GF grills, ones a Cuisinart (which I liked, b/c it had heat controls--but non-removable grills) and a Hamilton Beach, which does not have heat controls but does have removable plates that make clean up soooo much easier. I love it--we make just about everything we can on it. I love to do veggies, etc. I use a little liquid smoke on our turkey burgers and they taste great. And I pre-cook steak-fry sliced sweet potatoes in the microwave, then grill them with a little brown sugar or maple syrup....the uses are endless in our home :)

That's why I like it. There are so many dishes I can make with it. Better, It's cold as anything outside and I've been craving a grilled burger, BAD! I bought a bunch of stuff from Omaha Steaks and I really wanted to do them up on a charcoal grill, but since I am impatient and the FG is healthier, I think I may de-frost a few burgers or steaks and grill 'em up!

Clutch said:
That's why I like it. There are so many dishes I can make with it. Better, It's cold as anything outside and I've been craving a grilled burger, BAD! I bought a bunch of stuff from Omaha Steaks and I really wanted to do them up on a charcoal grill, but since I am impatient and the FG is healthier, I think I may de-frost a few burgers or steaks and grill 'em up!

Good!! What time is dinner? Guess who's coming to dinner? Haha!!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I see Clutch in the kitchen takin off the chill,

just bought a Foreman grill...

(sorry, bad improv of that darned "just bought a caddilick" song)...

We made the burgers on her mom's FG with the bun warmer on top and the on/off switch. I like mine better cause I can set the heat, on here's it's either on or off. I kinda burnt them cause I wasn't sure of how hot it was going to be, but they were good non-the-less.

Clutch said:
We made the burgers on her mom's FG with the bun warmer on top and the on/off switch. I like mine better cause I can set the heat, on here's it's either on or off. I kinda burnt them cause I wasn't sure of how hot it was going to be, but they were good non-the-less.

Since I am thinking about getting a gf grill like yours, and because you are trying all this new stuff to see what it can do, I am wondering how it would work on grilling green bell peppers. I would like to be able to cut a bell in half or quarters, brush with some evoo, and slam it flat in the grill and let it cook inside and out. I am pretty sure it would work with sliced onions but what about sliced tomatoes? Can you grill sliced potatoes on this?
Do you think it could make round steak more tenderized for steak burgers?
Can you heat flour tortillas on it?

Stirblue, you can cook anything on this thing! I have cooked tortillas - I made cheese quesadillas - fantastic! My son, who is only 2, loves his grilled cheese on the foreman - he points to it and says gill, gill. I have cooked veggies before but not peppers but see no reason why you couldn't. I always cook my bacon on the george foreman - so much less mess! I also have the one with an on-off switch, temperature control and removeable grates.

Back
Top Bottom