KA 12 Cup Food Processor for $130

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Candocook said:
I have not seen a FP with 3 bowls--my KA has 2, and I love having the small one.
What brand has 3?

AND, thank you--that is a terrific buy on that processor. I have put it in my cart to think about in case I need a gift.

K'Aid's 2 top models have three work bowls - the one that I own, which is the Pearl Metallic and their next best, the one just below mine.

The regular size of 12 and 16 cups, the Chef's Bowl which is 9 and 13 cups and the Mini Bowl which is 3 and 4.5 cups respectively.

Yours is still a winner.

I am finally going to ask. WHY do you have so many appliances of the same work type?

try checking out craigslist.com also. (I think it's across the US now.)
I've found some really good deals on there, from people who are upgrading or just don't use their appliances. Have picked up a KA 11-cup. for $40. Right now, I'm looking for a KA Pro 600 mixer. Have seen them on there for $300, but I want the deal of a lifetime. :angel: missed one for $100 that was posted about a month or two before Christmas. Darn.

Corey123 said:
I don't own both of them, just one - the Pearl Metallic.

Corey, I was under the impression you have three stand mixers and three food processors (not to mention 12 sets of bowls).

Two food processors. Well, four if you're counting the three work bowls that came with the K'Aid machine.

The other one is an old Robot Coupe, which I'm about to give away if anyone wants it. Otherwise I'll donate it to a thrift shop.

Actually, I DID have three machines. I gave away a Cuisinart.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
Corey, I was under the impression you have three stand mixers and three food processors (not to mention 12 sets of bowls).

No-no, it was I, who had 3 food processors.

Corey123 said:
I don't own both of them, just one - the Pearl Metallic.

But you have two mixers and two of other things that sound like you have them all.

Candocook said:
But you have two mixers and two of other things that sound like you have them all.

I own three stand mixers, a grain mill, and an electric grinder that I just got today from Cooking.com.

Please stay on topic everyone - if you guys want to start another thread about all appliances owned feel free - but keep this one about the good deal the OP mentioned and/or what brand you like best.

my review....

Well i got my unit tonight very well packed by amazon. So i thought i would have a small write up about the food processor. For those of you don't know KA just redesigned a lot of their small appliances. Well at least i know the redesigned thier food processor and blender. I had the previous generation of KA processor. I did like it and it had a very strong motor but like any appliances nothing is perfect. Some of my small gripes would be:
1) The small work bowl was designed so that usually when i used it i had to wash the big work bowl too.
2) The small feed tube

Ok unpacked my new designed KA processor and am very happy with the build quality. The unit is heavy and feels solidly built. I was worried a little because i was able to look at one of the new redesigned KA blenders and it felt kind of cheaply built (eventhough it might work great). Not so with the food processor. The small work bowl is designed better so that it fits more snugly and might eliminate having to wash the bigger work bowl. This might be bad too because it seems quite a big bigger. So if your doing garlic this smaller work bowl might actually be too big. I think its still an improvement eventhough i haven't used it yet. I definitly like the hole in the feed tube so you can drizzle in oil for emulsions. Nice little feature. The only thing that concerns me is there is this tip on the work bowl top that pretty much tells the unit you have it put together correctly and it can turn on safetly. This looks like it could break easily but maybe im just being paranoid

So there you go anyone on the fense on whether they should buy it or not maybe this would help. If you have any questions that i can help with just post them and ill do what i can to try to answer them.

ncage

Glad to hear the positive comments nc! Let us know how it works when you try it the first time. I always fear a cheaply built motor in new appliances - small or otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom