"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 03-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Please stay on topic everyone - if you guys want to start another thread about all appliances owned feel free - but keep this one about the good deal the OP mentioned and/or what brand you like best.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #32
Senior Cook

my review....

Well i got my unit tonight very well packed by amazon. So i thought i would have a small write up about the food processor. For those of you don't know KA just redesigned a lot of their small appliances. Well at least i know the redesigned thier food processor and blender. I had the previous generation of KA processor. I did like it and it had a very strong motor but like any appliances nothing is perfect. Some of my small gripes would be:
1) The small work bowl was designed so that usually when i used it i had to wash the big work bowl too.
2) The small feed tube

Ok unpacked my new designed KA processor and am very happy with the build quality. The unit is heavy and feels solidly built. I was worried a little because i was able to look at one of the new redesigned KA blenders and it felt kind of cheaply built (eventhough it might work great). Not so with the food processor. The small work bowl is designed better so that it fits more snugly and might eliminate having to wash the bigger work bowl. This might be bad too because it seems quite a big bigger. So if your doing garlic this smaller work bowl might actually be too big. I think its still an improvement eventhough i haven't used it yet. I definitly like the hole in the feed tube so you can drizzle in oil for emulsions. Nice little feature. The only thing that concerns me is there is this tip on the work bowl top that pretty much tells the unit you have it put together correctly and it can turn on safetly. This looks like it could break easily but maybe im just being paranoid

So there you go anyone on the fense on whether they should buy it or not maybe this would help. If you have any questions that i can help with just post them and ill do what i can to try to answer them.

ncage

Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Glad to hear the positive comments nc! Let us know how it works when you try it the first time. I always fear a cheaply built motor in new appliances - small or otherwise.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:25 AM   #34
Executive Chef

I've seen a pic of the motor on the side of the box the machine comes in, and it looks pretty sturdy and powerful.