KA 12 Cup Food Processor for $130

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
OK all i found this deal which i thought was awesome while looking for a food processor. Anyways here is the processor:
Amazon.com: KitchenAid KFP750OB 700-Watt 12-Cup Food Processor, Onyx Black: Home & Garden

There is catch....you must pick the black color. If you don't it will be $50 more. I don't know about you but im not willing to pay $50 more for another color. Anyways. So the food processor is $149.95 (which is already a heck of a deal) then you get a KA Mail in Rebate for $20. which brings it down to 129.95. If you want to you could apply for an amazon credit card and get another $30 off for a grand total of 99.95 SHIPPED. WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Under $100 for a KA 12 cup processor.

Ncage

if that's the size and brand you are looking for then it does sound like a good deal. I pefer Cusinart and mine was $179.00 for 14 cups and i only wish it was even biger.

I just don't like wimpy machines. They break down way too often! I once had a Waring processor - the first one that I ever bought. It broke down in about 6 months!

And since you're buying a food processor, you might just as well get one that's going to last, and last, and last!

Last edited:
Yes, that goes with everything that's bought for the kitchen. Next to the bathroom, it's the most used room in the house.

And appliances are in use most every day!

My 3 cup processor works just fine, thank you, and it is much easier to clean than the 12 or 14 cup processor you just dirtied chopping a shalot, or a couple of jalopy peppers!

What in the world are you people talking about? What "contest"? What a stupid comment. :(

I also have a mini chopper that I bought when our first son was born, and an 11 cup that we bought when we had 2 kids, now we have 5 kids, big family, thank G-d, and the smaller appliance just doesn't work for us any more, even 14 cup is getting to be too small. That is why I want a bigger one, not because it is some kind of "contest".

This was simply a rude comment, unless of course that’s what is on YOUR Mind.

I think you missed it.

I was saying that food processors now come with three work bowls - the large one, a medium-size one and a mini bowl for chopping small amounts of stuff such as herbs and garlic.

And I'm not trying to make a "contest" out of it. Why do you think it's rude?

Last edited:
Corey, I was not talking or referring to you, I was talking to person/persons who made a comment: “here goes a contest of mine is bigger than yours”.
I know your post was legitimate and obviously not rude. I am always for a good joke, but some times jokes could be way out of place.

Sorry.

And yes, I DID see that post, and to the person who wrote that, I was not trying to get into that either.

Last edited:
CharlieD said:
What in the world are you people talking about? What "contest"? What a stupid comment. :(
This was simply a rude comment, unless of course that’s what is on YOUR Mind.

There was no reason to take that as a rude comment...he/she was simply making a joke, something we all do on DC. Take it easy:)

CharlieD said:
Corey, I was not talking or referring to you, I was talking to person/persons who made a comment: “here goes a contest of mine is bigger than yours”.
I know your post was legitimate and obviously not rude. I am always for a good joke, but some times jokes could be way out of place.

dude bad day or what? Everyone else took it as a joke i guess you didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to the original post ....

Yep - the KA is a good FP, and if you're not picky about color that's a great price. Many mfgs will get overstocked in one or more colors and put them on sale to move them out of the warehouse ... same machine as one of a different color. While I might "prefer" to have one of a different color I'm not sure my preference is $50 worth! And, to be totally honest, I've never found the color of an appliance to make any measurable difference in it's performance.

People have their preferences between brands .. some swear by Cusinart, some by KA. Both do the job, IMHO.

Last edited:
I have not seen a FP with 3 bowls--my KA has 2, and I love having the small one.
What brand has 3?

AND, thank you--that is a terrific buy on that processor. I have put it in my cart to think about in case I need a gift.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom