KA 7 Quart 'Commercial' Model- Progress Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't cold mix. For my sandwich bread I usually use an 80/20 mix of bread flour to white wheat (King Arthur).

For the SD rounds I use just bread flour, though my starter is fed with AP (still King Arthur).

I do a 80/20 mix of bread flour and semolina for pizza dough at 66% hydration. Those batches are rarely very big, around 540g (4.5c) of flour.

Hobart's thin pizza dough with a 40 to 50% AR looks interesting. I'm looking forward to making a small batch with 10 ounces of 00, 3 ounces of semolina, and 5.5 ounces of water. Hopefully the impending heat wave will be over within the next several weeks.

ok, it's finaly here. cannot wait to start using. :chef:
Darn, how do I turn this pictures on its feet?

Attachments

• IMG_0304[1].jpg
    IMG_0304[1].jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Got to get me one! I will keep my 6 quart, but there are times I could use bigger....and two.

Charlie I am jealous you got the pasta attachments. The main one makes a great mini fondant sheeter! :rolleyes:

Charlie, make sure you read and follow the directions on maximum dough quantities and mixer speeds.

Charlie,
Your KA puts mine to shame! But that doesn't stop me from using mine. Enjoy! I sure do love my KA.

ok, it's finaly here. cannot wait to start using. :chef:
Darn, how do I turn this pictures on its feet?

Please be careful. I know that if you store your KA mixer on its side, the gearbox grease shifts and will be prone to leak on that side. Same may go for the picture.:ermm:

Still seating unpacked, cannot decide what to do. Kosher issues. should I use it on the dairy side on or on the meat side. I know it may sound stupid, but it is very important. Because if I cannot switch back and force. Plus in all honesty I have been so busy I have not even been home long enough to unpack it. Been working extremely long hours.

Still seating unpacked, cannot decide what to do. Kosher issues. should I use it on the dairy side on or on the meat side. I know it may sound stupid, but it is very important. Because if I cannot switch back and force. Plus in all honesty I have been so busy I have not even been home long enough to unpack it. Been working extremely long hours.
I would have thought you would have more uses on the Parev and dairy side.
What would you be using it for on the meat side?

Last edited:
Aha, that is the trick. I wanted the bigger KA so I can make bread. And though you are correct I would get more use on dairy side except this one thing, bread. Since I do not have parve oven (for those who do not know "parve" means natural, neither meat nor dairy) I have to choose one. (Or maybe I should just buy a parve oven;)). Sounds crazy but it is a hard decision. I do lean toward dairy, especially because of the pasta and ravioli attachments I got. But, need to make that final decision and take all the parts to mikvah, before I can start using it. In all the truth it is time that I do not have. To even unpack the darn thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom