KA Sausage Attatchment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
Does anyone have this? Do you like it? I've seen a version to add onto the food grinder, then a separate one that you use w/o the grinder. Which do you have? Is it worth it? Mostly valuable cabinet space, I dont have a lot so have to be very picky w/ what I buy.

I have the attachment that goes onto the KitchenAid grinder attachment. It's so simple and easy to use, it boggles my mind why it wasn't included with the grinder in the first place.

I've yet to make sausages with it though. The grinder was a Christmas gift from my sister and the attachment for sausage was bought with a gift card. (Also from my sister. :D )

I did use it in school a few times and it was flawless. All it was, was a screw on attachment that replaces the meat grinders cutting screens with a tapered 5 inch tube or so that the casings get gathered on. When the meat is forced through the tube, the casings catch it. It is VERY easy to control the speed so sectioning off link size won't be a problem after two or three tries.

I have such fond memories of making bratwurst right now. Poaching them in beer, finishing them on the grill, splitting open a few 10 minute old baguettes, stirring the mustard.....

OK, my stomach gust growled so loud, my beagle Riley just looked at me.

RJ

I have the Sausage Stuffer (SSA) attachment that goes on the Food Grinder (FGA) attachment. The sausage stuffer that KA used to offer that was not a FGA attachment was basically the body and worm gear of the FGA with the SSA attachment - basically a FGA minus the blade and dies for grinding food. Since I need to grind my meat before making sausage, the FGA+SSA makes the most sense.

Both will take up the same space.

Back
Top Bottom