Keurig My cup, anybody successfully used it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
Have any of you figured out how to use the my cup accessory for the keurig? IF so how did you do it. We have a keurig and a lot of Pre-Keurig coffee club coffee and I want to use it down. I dont drink the coffee.... DW drinks between 1/3 and 1/2 of each cup that she makes.

There are a lot of conversations about it on the forums over at Single Serve Coffee. My own opinion is that the Keurig is about convenience. If I have to take the time to measure and fill my own cups, I had might as well use the drip machine which can make a cheaper and stronger cup out of better coffees.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Keurig...but it's not the best coffee I've ever had.

Single Serve Coffee - K-Cup Reviews, Keurig, K-Cups, Senseo, Coffee Pod Reviews, Nespresso, Tassimo, T-Discs - The One Cup Coffee Lovers Website

We use both. We are on our second (third if you want to count the replacement) B60. I'm a k-cup person. I like the variety, and only do one cup a day. Hubby likes coffee in volume, and uses the ground from a can because it's cheaper than the k-cups. If he could get it intravenously, he would. So he uses the My K-Cup for his coffee. I'm not sure what you mean by 'had any luck' with it. Are you talking about measurements? He usually fills it a little over 3/4 full and it gives him a large mug (press small twice). We had good luck with the My K-cup with the old machines, but we just got a new one about a month ago, and I have to contact Keurig, because it's dripping condensation when we use the My K-cup (not on the k-cup portions).

I hope that helped.

SOB

We just got a Tassimo on points at our grocery store. I love it for making lattes but my main complaint is that DH is lactose intolerant and the chai latte packs (all of them for that matter come with their own latte milk. So we are paying a high price for him to enjoy a chai latte and having to heat our own soy milk, while I end up with a ton of latte milk (thankfully I can buy expresso pods on their own). We wrote the company and have, of course gotten no reply.

I didn't know about the keurig until we went to the store and found there was a huge variety for it and much less for the tassimo.

I've had a Keurig for a few years now and like others have mentioned I use it for basically one cup of coffee a day. It also makes great ice-tea. When I initially ordered it, I also ordered a "My Cup". I bought it so I could use up some coffee beans I had on hand. It worked but it was too much trouble to use. The metal filter basket wasn't very effective and it was a pain to clean. I think we still have it. Probably wound up in the "junk" drawer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom