Kitchen Aid Appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisW4357

Assistant Cook
We are looking at purchasing a built in double oven microwave convection combo, a gas stovetop with grill, a fridge and a dishwasher. Please comment on all that apply and what you thought of them.

Thanks,
Chris

I once owned a KitchenAid portable dishwasher (model KDI-61).

It lasted for 16 years before I had to replace it. I replaced it with a Maytag portable machine which still works great! Other than the dishwasher and the fridge, the portable washer, portable dryer, and now the microwave are Kenmore major appliances.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
KA originally only made dishwashers and mixers--made by Hobart. HObart still makes the commercial varieties of these but sold the name KA to Whirlpool. While the mixers and DW's are still made by the old Hobart factories, the other appliances are Whirlpool with the KA name--and price tag. Look for the features and appearance you want from a variety of makers.

I owned a KitchenAid refrigerator and it was terrible (had 4 service calls in two years). Now I have all Kenmore appliances (the high end ones) which I believe are actually made by Kitchenaid. I have ovens, 5 burner cooktop, microwave, warming drawer and dishwasher. So far so good.

The only thing I stress with appliances is that it's important to get extended warranty. The product may be reputable but it's still a luck of draw when you purchase an item. I have had high end brands go bad on me.

Gretchen said:
KA originally only made dishwashers and mixers--made by Hobart. HObart still makes the commercial varieties of these but sold the name KA to Whirlpool. While the mixers and DW's are still made by the old Hobart factories, the other appliances are Whirlpool with the KA name--and price tag. Look for the features and appearance you want from a variety of makers.

Yes, and I recently found out that the K45SS Classic and the K5SS Stand Mixers are still made as they were when Hobart was making them.:chef:

I think you can buy Hobart products, but I bet you'll be paying a fortune for them. The Hobart 5-qt. N-50 Stand Mixer which is the small countertop commercial version of the K'Aid Stand Mixers costs a whopping $2,000.00 or more!!! I priced one at Williams Sonoma. So you can pretty much imagine what anything else from them would cost.:ermm:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
My Kitchenaid dishwasher is 2 years old and so far it has been perfect in every way. I have a 12 year old Kitchenaid refrigerator with absolutely no problem. I also have a range with a convection oven which is about 5 years old, equally as good.
I don't think that I would buy anything else, because of my experience.

Oh yes, and BTW, I forgot to mention that I've had my wonderful K'Aid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer for almost 20 glorous years, and it's still going strong today!!

I bought the slightly larger K'Aid 5-qt. K5SS Stand Mixer recently to pair it with the existing K45SS Classic.

~Corey123.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom