Kitchen Aid attachments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1057722_0_11620bdabacaee4bc30cff038dcbdfe3.jpg

It's a beater, like the flat beater, but is configured for cutting pastry dough. It was originally made for the KA G Model 5qt. mixer, and eventually discontinued. Also fits a Hobart N50 5qt. mixer. They are scarce but can be found. I have tried the "B" flat beater for pastry with less than satisfactory results. Either way, I will have one in a week or so, and will let you know what luck I have with it. I was hoping for the benefit of previous experience of others. Thanks.
p.s. photo credit to leolady.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic gadzooks. I've never seen anything that looked like that.

All my Kitchen Aid attachments (stainless steel) go into the dishwasher. If they don't, they don't live at my house. My KA mixer is at least 35 years old and has been a work horse along with the attachments.

The pastry blade came in the afternoon mail, so I haven't had a chance to use it, yet. Now I gotta start saving up my pennies for a stainless steel "B" flat beater. Probably sell one of the grain mills, the roto slicer and and the pelican...oh, well...

The pastry blade came in the afternoon mail, so I haven't had a chance to use it, yet. Now I gotta start saving up my pennies for a stainless steel "B" flat beater. Probably sell one of the grain mills, the roto slicer and and the pelican...oh, well...

The pastry knife is WONDERFUL, as you probably know by now!:LOL:

Sell the roto slicer and if you have two, one of the grain mills; but heaven forfend you sell your PELICAN!:ermm:

I didn't know you could put the attachments in the dishwasher! I have 2 KAs, one with the white attachments, and the other, the metal attachments. The instructions that came along with both said not to put the attachments in the dishwasher, but it seems like it's ok? That could've saved me lots of time washing the dishes!

If you have to sell the grain mill...I might be interested! The KA attachments work on my Kenmore...What's the Peligan attachment?

Last edited:
Thanks for pulling this back up Choco, it saved me from looking for it.

Report: The beater blade is awesome!
I finally got to use it. I just used it to mix up some ground lamb with herbs and some lemon zest. I'm watching everything get mixed together and noticing the clean as a bean bowl sides. I turned the bowl upside down when through and the meat all plopped out onto the waxed paper. Barely a couple slivers of meat needed rinsed off of the blade. Bowl and beater blade went into the dishwasher.
My kind of KA attachment. No fuss no muss.

The pastry knife is WONDERFUL, as you probably know by now!:LOL:

Sell the roto slicer and if you have two, one of the grain mills; but heaven forfend you sell your PELICAN!:ermm:

With an N50, Pelican, and colander/sieve, I have everything I need to open a tiny pizzeria! The roto slicer, one grain mill and the colander/sieve are going. And I'm already eyeing a new stainless steel "B" beater. I should probably be ashamed of myself, but...I'm not...yet.:rolleyes: Oh, and yes, the pastry knife is wonderful, and worth the $$$...I've seen them command far more than what I paid. Scarcity, I guess. I also picked up the three-piece pasta sheeter/cutter set at a thrift shop for an unconscionable $5, and am not shopping for the ravioli gizmo...besides, I have the ravioli gizmo for my old hand-crank Atlas Marcato. O, sole mio! I will keep the pelican, as you advise. Thanks!

Ok! I saved the pelican, now it is time to fight for the rights of the colander and sieve!

You are gonna need it and wish you had it. Don't sell colander!

If you have to sell the grain mill...I might be interested! The KA attachments work on my Kenmore...What's the Peligan attachment?

img_1060820_0_a1882895990b51ca03bc86f954615583.jpg

There is a fine grater, a medium grater, an adjustable slicing disk, and an ice chipper disk.

My attachments are all 'naked'. No plastic coating. Putting them in the DW will turn them dark and cause pitting of the aluminum parts. The paddle and hook are all aluminum while the whisk wires are not but the top is.

It's simple enough to wash them if you don't leave stuff to dry on the tool.

I'm with Andy here. It's become natural for me to just have the right side of the sink filled with soapy water when I cook, and I just wash things as the time allows. Often that means that I'm nearly all cleaned up by the time I serve dinner. I'm making bread right now, and while the dough is proofing, I washed the mixer bowl and spiral dough hook, wiped down the mixer and put everything away. I even washed the bowl and measuring spoons and cups which do fine in the dishwasher.

Half of the time when I put a kitchen utensil in the dishwasher, I have to get it out the next day anyway for something else, so about the only things I put in there are plates, glasses, and tableware. My wife and I live alone so it usually takes 3 or 4 days to fill the dishwasher.

All my Hobart agitators are naked aluminum, except the pastry knife, which is tinned steel, and the balloon whisk, which is stainless wire with an aluminum base. I don't have a dishwasher, other than hot, soapy water and me, but if I did have one, I would probably spend the (considerable) $$$ on a stainless steel flat "B" beater, as it seems to get the most use.

Anyone know what this Kitchenaid attachment is?

Hi all,

I am new to the group and I just inherited a Kitchenaid Hobart Model G stand mixer with lots of attachments. One of which is a double white porcelain rollers that attach to the mixer. I am trying to attach a photo.

Love the mixer,
Kenny

Attachments

• IMG_5670.JPG
    IMG_5670.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 299
Attachment

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I do not have the rest of the set so I will try to sell it on ebay or such.

I also inherited the complete grinder set as well as the Pelican you discussed, the orange juice squeezer and I am willing to sell them if anyone is interested.

Kenny

I saw your pastry knife on Ebay...shoulda kept it. I have one, recently purchased, coveted for quite some time. From a G model, but I use it with my N50. Cuts butter into flour better than anything else I've tried.

KitchenAid Model G Mixer and attachments

Hi,

I inherited a Model G with attachments from my wife's grandma and it is way too big for my little kitchen so I have sadly decided to sell it all. I have listed a few of the attachments on eBay but there are others:
grinder
food slicer (pelican)
extra tinned bowl

On ebay:
pastry knife
roller for colander and sieve

Not yet on Ebay but best of all is a perfectly working Model G Vintage Hobart/KitchenAid stand mixer in very good condition.

Please let me know you anyone is interested as I can direct you to my eBay sales or discuss selling it directly to you.

Thanks,
Kenny

Back
Top Bottom