"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 10-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #31
Sous Chef

OK...no sell colander. Buh-bye, roto and grain mill.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #32
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
If you have to sell the grain mill...I might be interested! The KA attachments work on my Kenmore...What's the Peligan attachment?

There is a fine grater, a medium grater, an adjustable slicing disk, and an ice chipper disk.

The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #33
Sous Chef

The ice chipper seems like it would pulp tomatoes pretty well, too.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #34
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
My attachments are all 'naked'. No plastic coating. Putting them in the DW will turn them dark and cause pitting of the aluminum parts. The paddle and hook are all aluminum while the whisk wires are not but the top is.

It's simple enough to wash them if you don't leave stuff to dry on the tool.
I'm with Andy here. It's become natural for me to just have the right side of the sink filled with soapy water when I cook, and I just wash things as the time allows. Often that means that I'm nearly all cleaned up by the time I serve dinner. I'm making bread right now, and while the dough is proofing, I washed the mixer bowl and spiral dough hook, wiped down the mixer and put everything away. I even washed the bowl and measuring spoons and cups which do fine in the dishwasher.

Half of the time when I put a kitchen utensil in the dishwasher, I have to get it out the next day anyway for something else, so about the only things I put in there are plates, glasses, and tableware. My wife and I live alone so it usually takes 3 or 4 days to fill the dishwasher.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #35
Sous Chef

All my Hobart agitators are naked aluminum, except the pastry knife, which is tinned steel, and the balloon whisk, which is stainless wire with an aluminum base. I don't have a dishwasher, other than hot, soapy water and me, but if I did have one, I would probably spend the (considerable) $$$ on a stainless steel flat "B" beater, as it seems to get the most use.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #36
Assistant Cook

Anyone know what this Kitchenaid attachment is?

Hi all,

I am new to the group and I just inherited a Kitchenaid Hobart Model G stand mixer with lots of attachments. One of which is a double white porcelain rollers that attach to the mixer. I am trying to attach a photo.

Love the mixer,
Kenny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5670.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	12344  
Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #37
Head Chef

That is the roller for the colander and sieve set.
The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #38
Assistant Cook

Attachment

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I do not have the rest of the set so I will try to sell it on ebay or such.

I also inherited the complete grinder set as well as the Pelican you discussed, the orange juice squeezer and I am willing to sell them if anyone is interested.

Kenny
Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #39
Sous Chef

I saw your pastry knife on Ebay...shoulda kept it. I have one, recently purchased, coveted for quite some time. From a G model, but I use it with my N50. Cuts butter into flour better than anything else I've tried.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #40
Assistant Cook

KitchenAid Model G Mixer and attachments

Hi,

I inherited a Model G with attachments from my wife's grandma and it is way too big for my little kitchen so I have sadly decided to sell it all. I have listed a few of the attachments on eBay but there are others:
grinder
food slicer (pelican)
extra tinned bowl

On ebay:
pastry knife
roller for colander and sieve

Not yet on Ebay but best of all is a perfectly working Model G Vintage Hobart/KitchenAid stand mixer in very good condition.

Please let me know you anyone is interested as I can direct you to my eBay sales or discuss selling it directly to you.

Thanks,
Kenny

Tags
kitchen