Kitchen Aid blender?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chilichip

Senior Cook
Hi Everybody!!!

Q: what blender do you have and why did you pick it, as you know tis the season and the only thing I could come up with is a blender , I thought a Kitchen aide was a good choice ,but as I'm reading the rating that people are saying it's not the best, trying to giving my son some ideas.

Hope you can help

thanks

Hello chilichip and welcome to DC. I have a Kitchen Aide and I like it very much.

There are a lot of ways to research blenders and I think that would be a good idea for you.

DH is "gadget" crazy and has gone through many blenders in our years. His latest was Cuisinart with interchangeable blender and food processor. This is, by far, the best blender we have ever had! It crushes ice fantastic, we make lots of slushy drinks, it blends great and the food processor is great. We had a kitchen aid before and it broke down within a year. I highly recommend Cuisinart.

I own an elcheapo Betty Crocker blender that I paid only $20.00 for at Home Depot a few years ago.

I hardly use it and it's still packed in its original box. But it DOES do the job.

I mainly used my K'Aid Pearl Metallice Food Processor (KPFP850PM) to pulverise soft foods to mush for gravies and sauces since it's always set up to use at a moment's notice and the Betty Crocker is hard to get at right now.

But I heard that K'Aid is the BETTER blender to get. It costs a pretty penny (about $150.00 or so) though. It was recently redesigned and restyled to look like their newest line of food processors now.

Still, they also have one that's styled after my K'Aid FP, and that costs about $300.00 or so. But I'd go with K'Aid if I were you. I think they are made better than Cuisinart.

Incidently, K'Aid also has their own stick blenders that you might want to try. They are a little bit cheaper than their actual blenders.

Go to Reviews from Epinions to get the 411 on their latest blenders and stick blenders.

Last edited:
We use a kitchenaid blender at work- very simple, on/off switch and a 2 speed settings. Its extremely simple, but I have to say it has a pretty high powered motor, and while that makes it a bit loud, i have got to say that it is nice to have.

I have read report after report that the KA blender is just terrible. What can I say. And I LOVE KA.
At our beach house where blenders are used VERY often (up to and including daily!), we have replaced the $20 variety about 3 times in 10 years. But it has been the container, not the motor that failed.

I was at Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday, and was almost tempted to get a K'Aid blender, but I didn't.

It has been restyled to look like their newest line of food processors, but then I thought; "If I'm going to do that, I might just as well get a Proline machine that's styled after my K'Aid Pearl Metallic Food Processor!

a blender is critical to the way I process tomatoes to can. Last fall my elcheapo blender died and I investigated a lot of blenders and decided on a new Waring blender. I got it on Ebay for about 1/2 the going price. Only has two speeds, but the motor is very durable. I have been pleased so far, I believe it crushes ice too.

I saw a beautiful Oster (I think) blender at Costco yesterday--metal bottom and glass top. All the makings for one that will LAST!! $59.95

I own one of the Oster "beehive" blenders that Cando saw at Costco and it has worked just fine. Only two speeds, glass container, simple design:)

the best blender

I have this oster blender after a ton of reasearch and this thing is a machine:
Amazon.com: Oster Beehive Chrome Blender: Home & Garden

and its a MACHINE. I have had 3 blenders before this Krups (the one recommended by consumer reports and it was junk, Cuisinart (again it wasn't that good of a blender), KA (it was ok but i would still have chunky smoothies) and a HB that was junk. THis thing is awesome. It has a VERY powerful motor. I use my blender almost every day. Is there any downfall to this blender? Sure but for the price its a steal. Its very loud, it only has pulse and on (thats all you need anyways), and the lid isn't the greatest. Other than that its perfect.

Ncage

Hi everybody !!!

Just to let you know that I got the Cuisinart with the food processor,Sometimes I hate to use my new toys , they look so perfect and then you know you beat the tar of them.

thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom