Kitchen Aid Ravioli Attachment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Essie

Senior Cook
Hi,
I've been away for a while and really missed all of you and the wonderful information I get from this site.
Now, I have a question. Does anyone have the ravioli attachment for the KA mixer, if so how do you like it and is it hard to use?
I'd appreciate any information you can share.

Thanks so much

Last edited:
In all the years that I've had my K'Aid mixer, I never thought much about buying a pasta attachment.

I haven't even bought the food grinder for it yet. I've used the Cuisinart food processor to grind meat. Probably because those things demand storage space when not in use, which I got very little of.

~Corey123.

I assume the ravioli maker attachment for a KA mixer will probably be about like one for an Atlas or Imperia hand cranked/optional electric motor model. Don't invite guests over for dinner the first time you try to use it. There is a learning curve.

You might want to read the manual before you order one.

I must admit ... I've looked at it and I'm thinking about it. But, I've gotten pretty good at "hand made" - so I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth the expense.

I have one but don't like it .Its to messy.I have everything kitchenaid ,not much I don't like.

summergirl

I've seen them but I opted for the Atlas hand cranker. It just seemed I would have more control over the whole operation - the speed is what scared me I think. As for the Atlas, I love it!

We made spinach stuffed ravioli in cooking clas the other day! The chef had us use lettuce though, in place of the spinach. It came out good though.

it was my first time ever making pasta completely from scratch. We also made two types of sauces to go with the ravioli. One was a meat sauce and the other was a white sauce made with cream.

And we used the hand crank machine that clamps onto the table.

~Corey123.

The ravioli attachment for the mixer is also a hand crank version. It takes some getting used to (the dough needs to be dryer than you think it should be). It is quite handy having the attachment elevated up above the counter enough to let the ravioli sheets feed out.

Back
Top Bottom