Kitchen Blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Hi everyone......I watched one of Rachael Ray's episodes recently and saw her using a blender that was the color of orange sherbert. I emailed the show requesting more information about it, to see if its old/new/brand/etc.., but still haven't received a response. Did anyone catch this episode and do you know anything about the mixer? The one I have is good but is plain ole' white. I'd like to find one like Rach used so I can keep it out.

I didn't see that episode ... and Rachel uses a lot of old retro stuff so who knows where they found it if it's not something new.

Maybe this will help to narrow it down a little - or at least eliminate one possibility. KitchenAid makes a 5-qt blender in a color called "tangerine". It's kind of hard to find in that color ... but go to www.qvc.com and search for item K86201 ... you should be able to tell if that is what her blender looked like.

Thanks Michael.......I can't be 100% certain but either way I really like the style of that one though and that tangerine, red, or cobalt blue would be really cool....but man the price is a little high for a blender in my opinion. Think I'll have to go have a peek at Ebay and see what they have to offer.

Sizz - I watched Rachael yesterday and saw her blender sitting on the back counter to the right of her microwave, between it and her pantry. It looks like one I used to have a long time ago (1968-1974?) when I was in college - but mine was avacado green. I especially remember the wood-grain vinal insert on the front.

Since they never showed the brand name in focus ... I did my best to look at the "shape" of the brand name "logo" on the front. From that, and my memory from 30+ years ago, I think it is a Sunbeam from circa 1960-1970 - or whatever the year span would be for when dark mustard yellow, avacado green, and burnt orange were the hot kitchen appliance colors.

Before FoodTV dumped their fan boards they used to have a non-expiring, always #1, post that listed all of Rachael's appliances, knives, bowls, cookware, etc. on 30-Min Meals. Too bad they haven't seen fit to post this info somewhere else.

Yep - a good blender can get expenive. I guess if I was making lots of frozen drinks and such it would be worth the money. But, I don't - everything I need a blender for I can do with my $20 Braun stick/immersion blender - or my cheap piece of crap Hamilton-Beach food processor. Maybe I'm just cheap - but I just can't seem to talk myself into buying something new when I already have something that works.

Thanks Michael.....I'll check out Ebay and see what I can find. The only thing we use our blender for is an occassional night of either Margaritas or Daquaris. Otherewise I use my food processor.

Would you believe that when I was watching Rachael this morning she had a different blender on the counter behind her? It was also a lighter shade of orange. And, I KNOW what this one was - a Waring 2-speed commercial bar blander (currently model PBB212).

Several places are selling the Retro Green color, but Amazon.com has the best selection of colors I could find http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004S8F3/002-3012577-8787254?v=glance which includes just about everything but orange.

Hey Michael.....I saw it too and was sitting watching it and hitting Ebay to compare to see if I could find it but no luck. Thanks Michael!!

Back
Top Bottom