Kitchen Faucet recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the Kohler we have now:

Kloop+Studio+-+Kohler+Mazz+Kitchen+Faucet+1024x1365+a.jpg
That's really pretty, but it's exactly the kind that I can't use.

^^^ That Kohler is beautiful but will not work with my sink as it does not have enough reach. My double sink has a garbage disposal reservoir in the middle, creating distance between the two sinks. These extra wide sinks were very popular back in the day....

Last edited:
Speaking of Delta. Just called them, I have a hand held shower that is 18 years old, one piece is not working properly. I could not explain exactly what piece it was, plus my accent, plus i am all stuffed up from cold, poor lady on the other end of line, it took her like 20 minutes but she did find what i needed and Delta is sending it for free, no shipping charge either. Love that service. Oh, and most importantly she was speaking English.

Speaking of Delta. Just called them, I have a hand held shower that is 18 years old, one piece is not working properly. I could not explain exactly what piece it was, plus my accent, plus i am all stuffed up from cold, poor lady on the other end of line, it took her like 20 minutes but she did find what i needed and Delta is sending it for free, no shipping charge either. Love that service. Oh, and most importantly she was speaking English.

Just the fact that she spoke English is worth the call. :angel:

That's really pretty, but it's exactly the kind that I can't use.

Yeah, I knew that one wouldn't work for a portable dishwasher. No way to put an adapter on the spout.

^^^ That Kohler is beautiful but will not work with my sink as it does not have enough reach. My double sink has a garbage disposal reservoir in the middle, creating distance between the two sinks. These extra wide sinks were very popular back in the day....

I think I've seen a sink like you are talking about somewhere, but not sure where. We replaced the sink right after we moved here last year because the old one was permanently scorched, and even had some tiny surface cracks in the burned area from someone putting a very hot pan in it. The sink we have now is a Kohler cast iron double tub with the disposal on the smaller left side.

Last edited:
The Moen Faucets are great but a bit pricey. The Pfister Faucets are also very good at a much lower price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Moen Faucets are great but a bit pricey. The Pfister Faucets are also very good at a much lower price point.

These two are at the top of my list for "do not buy, even with a gun to your head". Not sure where you buy these brands, but I bought both over the years due to the price. The savings were not worth it.

Both brands from my experience have the most problems and the parts are very hard to find in many cases. I had to go to a plumbing supply house to find a new cartridge for the PF faucet in our guest bath.
I replaced that cartridge 3 times before I removed the faucet and installed a Delta. It been in there for at least three or four years and not one drip.
The Delta has a lifetime warranty and the sales person in the store told me to register it and I did. Online.
I have had to replace the remaining three with Delta while the original Delta is still as good as day one.

A good way to see if you are going to have issues is to look for parts for the faucet you are buying right there in the store. If there are no replacement parts for the faucet you plan to buy, don't buy it. Get a Delta.

My son Pirate is a plumber. He always strongly recommends Delta to his customers. If you bought a Delta twenty-five years ago, you can get a part for it today. And it is usually a lot longer before you even need to replace a Delta.

Delta and only Delta. :angel:

My son Pirate is a plumber. He always strongly recommends Delta to his customers. If you bought a Delta twenty-five years ago, you can get a part for it today. And it is usually a lot longer before you even need to replace a Delta.

Delta and only Delta. :angel:

That is absolutely untrue! We bought our home, pre-construction in 1992, moved in the next year. In 2002, we tried to get replacement handles from Delta for our faucets and showers/bath tubs. They were no longer available.

That is absolutely untrue! We bought our home, pre-construction in 1992, moved in the next year. In 2002, we tried to get replacement handles from Delta for our faucets and showers/bath tubs. They were no longer available.

Craig, I asked both Spike who is a licensed contractor and Pirate. Here in the Boston area there are three places that have all the Delta parts you may ever need. Whether it be for a faucet or any shower head. I do remember him saying that one place is in Watertown. Spike recently worked in a woman's kitchen hooking up her new sink with the understanding that the sink would accommodate her present Delta. It needed a part, and he found it for her.

I guess it all depends on where you live. :angel:

Craig, I asked both Spike who is a licensed contractor and Pirate. Here in the Boston area there are three places that have all the Delta parts you may ever need. Whether it be for a faucet or any shower head. I do remember him saying that one place is in Watertown. Spike recently worked in a woman's kitchen hooking up her new sink with the understanding that the sink would accommodate her present Delta. It needed a part, and he found it for her.

Of course. Because there's no convenient way to buy things from someplace other than where you live...

We couldn't even find them online even at the OEM web site.

We couldn't even find them online even at the OEM web site.

That is really strange. I build second sink in the kitchen and installed a faucet that was bought in 1992, in 2013 hose broke inside. Delta sent me the whole house assembly, no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom