Kitchenaid 12-cup Ultra-Wide Mouth (Weird)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrambledeggs

Assistant Cook
I bought recently the kitchen aid ultra-wide 12 cup food processor, thinking it would be better than my neighbor's regular 12 cup version because it could fit more. However, to my dismay, the interlocking safety system prevents me from stacking things higher. Worse, when I was trying to thinly slice apples using the 2mm disc, the extra space on the wide tube allowed the apples to 'lean over' so that they were not at the same angle. (that is, instead of being pushed straight down like in the narrow tube, they were pushed on their backs, causing uneven cuts).

Is there a solution to this?

Yes, there is.

I own the K'Aid 16-cup Pearl Metallic Food Processor, and the trick is to get the pusher slightly low enough inside the feed tube so that it engages with the interlocking safety switch. Our machines work the same way.

I had that problem myself and wondered what to do. I had to cut the food slightly smaller to overcome this problem. Since the machines won't work without the pusher in place, this is what happens.

The activation lever is inside the work bowl's handle, which when contact is made, the lever presses a safety button to complete the electrical connection. If the main pusher is not down inside the feed tube far enough, then the machines won't come on.

As for the thinly sliced apples, nothing much can be done about that. But I hope that my suggestion on the feed tube and pusher assembly works for you. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom