KitchenAid 350 Watt Professional Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a few of these at work all day long... then go home to my wire whisk.

:mad:

Oh well... both are fun. :chef:

Oh my gosh, I'm roaring with laughter here.
You guys are all so funny.
Okay, this is mine. These things are amazing, you know they eat for you, they sleep for you, they take your meds for you, they're wonderful. Okay, they don't do all that but they do everything else.

LEFSE, I have the same one as you! I can make 12 dozen chocolate chip cookies in there with room to spare. It is also great for my big batches of batter for wedding cakes and pizza dough for catering. DH and my Dad bought it for me as my graduation present from culinary school.

Saphellae, the manual you have will probably be a good reference point because other than volume and power, the functions are pretty well the same. It might be good to start with some of the recipes they provide but you will soon learn how to adapt your own to it.

Hey Saphellae, I just called KitchenAid for you.
Got a nice lady, guess what? You listed the serial number not the model number. She said on older ones, you can find it on the band on top or underneathe the bottom of your machine. I also listed the wrong number for you to call and have fixed it, I got a retail store, my bad

I didn't know you were Canadian.
Here is the number, the correct number, but it's the USA number so???1-8005416390
And again, in case you don't read above for my current words, you listed your serial number which isn't your model number, please recheck that number and give that one to us, maybe we can better help you, you know, I'm on a mission here

Holy moly L, you didn't have to do that lol! :) Let me take a look here...
It says serial then that number I posted. It's okay, I think the manual I found will suffice. It's pretty simple, I just have to find some stuff to stick in it! :)

Holy moly L, you didn't have to do that lol! :) Let me take a look here...
It says serial then that number I posted. It's okay, I think the manual I found will suffice. It's pretty simple, I just have to find some stuff to stick in it! :)

I have a box of brownie mix in the cupboard :)

Saphellae - would you do me a favor and turn your mixer on the side and look at the label under the base and tell us what it says? It will give you the Model Number, Serial Number and where it was assembled. And, no, it will not leak oil.

Saphellae, I am going to try to remember to PM you my favourite (and simple) chocolate cake recipe. Your mixer is perfect for it and everyone will love it!

LOL - I love a good challenge!

After LEFSA posted that the person she talked with at KA-USA said that 4KSM50PWH was a serial number - I knew that the person she spoke with didn't know about model numbers from KA-CANADA. Probably since KA-USA model numbers do not start with a number .... but some older serial numbers did, like the old K5 mixers - the serial numbers began with 3B.

Another clue was that most KA-USA model numbers begin with "K", most KA-CANADA model numbers begin with "4K". And, if you go to the KA manual site and look up K/4K numbers you'll usually get a hit of some kind ... but if you search on a serial number you get nothing. And, if you search on a 4K number and don't get a hit - removing the 4 prefix will usually get you a hit.

So ... this afternoon (3:30pm CDT) I called the Whirlpool/KA-CANADA support number (800-807-6777) and talked with a young lady named Nancy and got the straight story on that mysterious "4" prefix. It is a unique number used by Whirlpool/KA-CANADA for an engineering code to signify that there is something that conforms to some specific Canadian product code requirement - like in the US one of the requirements would be to conform to UL standards - Canada has their equivalent to the UL. It doesn't signify anything physically different - just that it conforms to a different standard in some way.

So - it breaks down this way .... the only difference between a 4KSM50PWH (Canadian) and a KSM50PWH (USA) mixer is basically the manual (the parts are the same in both machines). The Canadian manual will have information for contacting KA-CANADA support instead of KA-USA, ingredients are listed in both standard and metric, and part numbers (like in the accessories at the back of the manual) will be KA-Canada numbers instead of KA-USA numbers (such as 4JE instead of JE for the juicer).

So, the link to the manual I posted before for the KSM50PWH is valid for the 4KSM50PWH as far as operation ... Saphellae will just have to convert standard measurements to metric ... and check the KA-CANADA website for KA-CANADA for replacement part or attachment numbers.

Saphellae said:
Michael, you are nuts!

Which one of my ex-wives have you been talking with? I know my shrinks wouldn't talk ... :LOL:

Saphellae said:
Thanks for looking into that for me, you are making me look LAZY!

Naw - we had a discussion 2-3 years ago about KA-CANADA product numbers vs KA-USA numbers ... I didn't have time back then to really research it - I just happened to have a few minutes this afternoon to satisfy my own curiosity about why KA-CANADA model numbers began with a "4" prefix.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom