KitchenAid Bowl Stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefathome

Assistant Cook
Hey, everybody!

A few weeks ago, I've bought a new KA, Artisan Series, with a 5-Quart bowl. It's great and it sure helps me making great food.

However, when I knead bread dough with it, I have this unexpected problem: After kneading, the bowl is kinda stuck, and lots of physical power is needed to get it out - basically two people, one holding the machine, one is trying to rotate the bowl (thanks to my wife for helping me with that!).

Now, I'm not kneading very dense dough, just the regular 5:3 bread dough. I knead them with the kneading hook on low speed for a few minutes.

The bowl doesn't get stuck with cake batters or with really light dough.

Anyone else is experiencing that problem?
Any solutions suggested?

Thanks,
Arnon

Hmmm, curious problem. I didn't think there was much torque applied to the bowl during the kneading process. Does the hook hit the sides or bottom of the bowl during the kneading process? It shouldn't.

All I can suggest is applying a little lubricant to where the bowl bottom screws into the mixer. OR leave it a little loose and hold the bowl so it doesn't tighten during kneading.

Bottom line is it shouldn't do that so it might be a good idea to contact KA customer service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom