Kitchenaid Immersion Blender & Ice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srm

Cook
Hey gang. I just got a kitchen aid immersion blender and i love it. The model i have is KHB100. My question is, is it safe to use it on frozen berries? I don't want to risk dulling or damaging the blade. I couldn't find anything in the manual explicitly saying to not use it on ice, thought I'd get your opinion.

Thnx
-S

I own the KHB-200, and I didn't see it in the manual there either.

But you're right, it IS a great tool to have in the kitchen! I especially like the whipper attachment where it can suffice as a hand-held mixer!

I've used it to beat and thicken instant puddings, whip egg whites for merigue and to whip cream. I love it!!

Last edited:
I suspect you're not supposed to use it on very hard ingredients (such as ice). I strongly suggest that you don't risk it.

Reason being that I have a Braun immersion blender with a special ice crusher accessory composed of a blade that's different from the immersion blender blade, as well as a metal guard and a special jug/container for the ice.

Srm, I forgot to mention that there IS a chopper attachment that you can buy as an accessory to go with the machine.

It come wait a small arylic jar, chopping blades and a lid. Maybe THAT might work for ice!

Last edited:
Sounds good, sounds like the general consensus is no ice. Would you guys put frozen berries in that same category? while still hard, they're a bit softer. Guess i'll just stick with the blender for that kind of stuff

Back
Top Bottom