Kitchenaid mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickell

Senior Cook
I got one for the first time for x-mas I have always wanted one. I really
have not baked much I don't like sweets to much, but my family does and
we have been having a great time making cookies. My sister who passed
away years ago was a mother of 11 and made all their bread by hand.
She had a Kitchenaid which she used all the time. I saw on another post
a person was not happy with the kitchenaid for bread, couldn't handle
the dough. Maybe the older models were better she used it for years
2-3 loafs a day. I have bread machine for bread and I am very happy with it have never had a problem. This is the 3rd one we are on but to me needing a new machine every 5 years or so is not so bad. Anyway my question is what else do you use this mixer for besides baked goods?

I use mine for beating egg whites for souffles, waffles and pancakes. I also use it to make my dough for homemade pasta and noodles. I don't have the attachment to cut the pasta. I do that manually. Of course, it gets a workout for baking, too.

I use mine for whipping cream, bread, desserts, making butter. I got the pasta attachment for Christmas, and I am having a great time making pasta with it.

carolelaine said:
I use mine for whipping cream, bread, desserts, making butter. I got the pasta attachment for Christmas, and I am having a great time making pasta with it.

that is what i will be asking for for mother's day, what types of pasta are
you making?

If you have a Sears store in your town check to see if they have the pasta rollers on sale. They were $29.95 at the end of the year.

It's supposed to be good for whipping mashed potatoes too. Mine just came on Tuesday, so I've only used it once so far to bake a cake. I also got the pasta roller attachment, will be making pasta this weekend.

I love my KitchenAid! Don't bake much either but was so excited when I got in for Christmas a few years ago. Even though it doesn't get used a ton it is so nice to have. It does such a suburb job and it's nice to have my hands free while mixing!

rickell said:
I got one for the first time for x-mas I have always wanted one. I really
have not baked much I don't like sweets to much, but my family does and
we have been having a great time making cookies. My sister who passed
away years ago was a mother of 11 and made all their bread by hand.
She had a Kitchenaid which she used all the time. I saw on another post
a person was not happy with the kitchenaid for bread, couldn't handle
the dough. Maybe the older models were better she used it for years
2-3 loafs a day. I have bread machine for bread and I am very happy with it have never had a problem. This is the 3rd one we are on but to me needing a new machine every 5 years or so is not so bad. Anyway my question is what else do you use this mixer for besides baked goods?

Hope that you have fun with it and that it serves you for many years. Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom