Kitchenaid Mixer...highly recommended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barb

Assistant Cook
I was watching the Martha Stewart show and noticed her mixer what a beaut it was. I decided to go out and buy myself one of these heavy duty mixers and i just want you to all know that it was a really good purchase. Of course she has the top of the line one that the bowl goes up and down as well as the head lifting. I bought the next step down and it works just as well it the head lifts and the bowl stays stationary. It's the KitchenAid Model #4K45SS 41/2 quart mixer. You can also buy attachments for it that will shred,grind,and even make pasta. I would highly recommend this mixer to anyone who loves to cook.:)

Barb, You may find this difficult to believe; but I'm still using my mother's Kitchen Aide mixer (the black and white version) and I'm 54 years old! You should immediately take out insurance on it, cause you will want it replaced should burglars ever find their way to your kitchen. It is a marvelous machine and with any luck Santa is going to bring me a RED one next Christmas! (I wouldn't care if it was lime green, I just want a new one) Carol

KitchenAid Mixer

I've been noticing these mixers for years but since the cooking shows have been popular on T.V., they are really catching my eye. I can't wait until the day I can afford one. I want to top of the line like Martha Stewart and Emril.

Thanks for all the feed back on the KitchenAid mixer heres another oldie but goodie the Queen Anne cookware my set is about 40 years old now thats a set of pots. My mother used them for 30 and i've had them for ten.

Another vote for KitchenAide

I too saw that EVERY show on Food Network had a kitchenAide mixer, so when HSN had a mother's day special (OK, it wasn't for mom, but me!) on a cobalt blue 250 watt model, I jumped on it.
No regrets here. Finally put away the GE hand mixer that my mom gave me 20 something years ago (may the KA last as long!)
Neal

Thumbs up on the Kitchen Aid!! My countertops look like an appliance store but I am more apt to use them if they are out. I wish my KA tilted back versus just the bowl going up and down - but I'll live!! :cool:

the reason these are seen on all the food tv shows is duofold, one they are great mixers and secondly there is a placement contract between kitchen aid and food tv. you will never see a bosc, which is a great mixer for most things but the newer ones with the plastic whip bowls are a bad choice and not the best choice for bread makers as they tend to get hot but overal a very good mixer. you will also never see a hobart or electrolux magic mill which save for plastic whipping bowls are superior both in size and most other aspects to the kitchen aid, they also have the cost to match.

As a caterer and personal chef, i own a 4 1/2 kitchen aid (which would be the only one i would own or need if i wasn't doing professional cooking), a 6 qt kitchen aid which was my first mixer purchase but could find no reason to buy now except for the added power which makes the flour mill go at a better pace for longer periods of time and makes my sausage making go faster. however since most people won't buy the grain mill either for making flour or cracking grains for brewing (I do both) or make 150 to 400 pounds of sausage a month like i do the 6 qt really is over kill not to mention is it is too big for most people who only make enough merringue or whipped cream for one or 2 pies t a time. the thrid mixer s an electrolux magic mill which is the primary mixer I use for bread baking and I can make and knead up to 7 loaves at a time with ease, but the $500+ cost is a little prohibitive for most people

Chrome ring fell off

We have a kitchenaide mixer and the ring approximately 3" diameter has come off. Does anyone know how this ring reattaches. It appears to be a press fit but I can not get it to stay in place.:(

I'm not sure exactly what ring you are talking about. Is it the ring that fits above where the attachments go? Mine looks like it would be "glued" on maybe? Let me know and I'll do some investigating for you.

I've been out of town and didn't have access to a computer. It is the ring at the base of the head where the attachments would attach. I looked at a mixer while out of town and it appears to be a press-fit, but not sure. I may need to get a hold of the factory.

I got in touch with the factory. The ring is a press fit. They told me to use a rubber mallet and tap the ring in place. I tried that while on the phone. The ring would not stay in place. After numerous attempts the person on the phone told me to use super glue. That what I ended up doing. Ring stays in place now.

Well, glad to hear you got it solved. Thanks for reporting back. I'll make a note in case mine comes off! LOL

Hope you come back and visit with us.

I too love my kitchen aide mixer. My mother got me one for a wedding present 25 years ago and have used it well over the years. My husband hunts and we have made venison sausage and ground venison. The one my mother had is also still running (I gave it to a friend when she passed on). It is probably about 40 years old by now.

The only thing that I wish the newer models had is the type of mixing bowl my mother's model had. It was about a quarter inch thick aluminum bowl that was a real killer. When we made meringues (spelling??) or were whipping cream we would put the bowl in the refrigerator first to cool it down and it would keep cool during the whole whipping process.

All in all a great buy.

I have a 5 quart Kitchen Aid which is 28 years old. I don't know what I'd do without it. If it ever dies, I will certainly buy a new one.
I don't think you should glue the metal ring as it must be removed to use the attachments. Maybe, I'm not thinking of the right ring.
:D

Hello,

I have wanted a KitchenAid mixer for years. There was always something going on; shortage of funds, low priority, etc. Well, I just received the new Williams-Sonoma catalog. I'm finally going to buy one. I'm sure to some, my reasons will sound silly, but here goes! The company has come out with a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer in pale pink which is my favorite color. They are offering a special promo: "When you purchase this pink Artisan mixer, KitchenAid will donate $50 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation as part of their Cook for the Cure® initiative. Established in 1982, the Foundation is dedicated to eradicating breast cancer as a life-threatening disease through research, education, screening and treatment programs around the world. Like our other Artisan mixers, this one features planetary action to ensure thorough mixing (the beaters spin independently while rotating around the bowl). The head tilts back for easy removal of the bowl and beater. Flat beater, dough hook, wire whip and pouring shield are included. 325W, 14" x 8 1/2" x 13 3/4" high. A Williams-Sonoma exclusive. When you purchase any KitchenAid Artisan mixer between 4/1/03 and 5/31/03, you'll receive a coupon for your choice of a free food grinder ($65.00 value), roto slicer/shredder ($65.00 value) or citrus juicer attachment ($35.00 value)." My mother is a two time breast cancer survivor. I felt like this mixer had my name on it! This my first visit to your site; I thought some of your might be interested. Thanks!

I swear by my vintage upright Sunbeam Mixer, complete with original glass and metal bowls and beaters.....that's older than I am! Won't tell MY age, but the mixer is from the 1940's. It also just plain looks good sitting on the counter! :)

I can't wait to get mine

I asked Santa for one (black) this year. I have wanted one for years. I am sure it will make my life alot easier, and more fun to bake. Just if your interested JennAir has a new one that you can choose your base (like copper for example) and the bowl style (tortoise shell look glass) that is dishwasher safe. The website is www.jennairattrezzi.com. Check it out. I live in Canada and it is still quite expensive around 700 Canadian.

Hi glitterchi,

I have seen the ads for the Jenn-Air appliances - have you seen the blender??? Wow - they are georgous - and the bowl I saw in one add for the mixer was this georgous leaf design.

With my Kitchenaid mixer - I find I use it a lot more if I keep it out on my counter - some people don't like to keep their appliances out but I find if I don't then I don't tend to use them.

I sure hope Sanda is paying attention!!!!! By black do you mean the dark, dark gray one, the one that looks like hard anodized pots and pans? That's the one I wanted but apparently "Santa" forgot and got me a white one - but that's ok - I still have one!!! LOL - I love my meat grinder attachment for Gazpacho - works great on those veggies!!!.

I am on my second kitchen aid..... the first on went to the last wife Boo Hoo... the new one is the Professional 6 525 watt model. both gray. want to pull stumps LOL. I love mine. I have afriend that has one made by Hobart in the 50's still running and my attachments fit his machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom