"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Just had a re buying kitchen aids and other 'spensive appliances. If you live near a Bed, Bath and Beyond, like me you periodically get their 20% off coupons in the mail. (I think Linens and Things does it too); BBB's Pro 6 mixer is $369.00; with 20% off, that's $296!!! And - my birthday just happens to be this month - hmm!

Old 08-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalady
Just had a re buying kitchen aids and other 'spensive appliances. If you live near a Bed, Bath and Beyond, like me you periodically get their 20% off coupons in the mail. (I think Linens and Things does it too); BBB's Pro 6 mixer is $369.00; with 20% off, that's $296!!! And - my birthday just happens to be this month - hmm!
Uhmm...but the refurbished Pro 600 is just $239 from KitchenAid :) (unless you want the full warranty etc. I think that's very cheap for a quality piece of equipment)

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/produc...KTA+RKP26M1XNP

Happy upcoming birthday in any case

Old 08-11-2005, 08:32 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceUmUp
I bought my Empire Red Professional 6 Mixer from KA's outlet center on line. $239. I love it. Now I am looking at the Professional 600 for the same price
is there an echo in here?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #14
Master Chef

Just my 2-cents worth ..... shop around!

I have no problems buying a referb (they fixed what was going to break anyway) and I've never seen one yet that didn't look brand new. But, I would go the extra and get at leats a 1-year warranty.

If you've got a coupon and can get one cheaper at a BBB (like marmalady was talking about) hey - why not!?

Now - about the attachments .... you REALLY need to do a little shopping around. While the KA site might have the best deals on their mixers - you can probably get a better deal somewhere else on the attachments. I know when I got mine 3-4 years ago I bought everything from the KA site. Then, a couple of months later, discovered I could have saved over $100 by buying the attachments at cooking.com.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:52 AM   #15

Wading through the non-specifics here . . .

Kitchen Aid blenders will liquify rocks. 4.8 amp motor, they're a heap more power than most blenders.

Retail they're $100. Currently, CostCo has them on sale with a couple rebates for about $35.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:21 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknaps
Uhmm...but the refurbished Pro 600 is just $239 from KitchenAid :) (unless you want the full warranty etc. I think that's very cheap for a quality piece of equipment)

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/produc...KTA+RKP26M1XNP

Happy upcoming birthday in any case
Thank you for the birthday wish! I guess I'm just a touchy-feely kinda gal; I do buy things over the 'net, but would much prefer to see 'em when I buy.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #17
Master Chef

I know what you mean, marmalady. I like to see the goods before I buy. If it is something that I can find in a store in my area - I'll go look at it. If it's as cheap or cheaper in the store then that's where I buy it - if it's cheaper on-line then I come home and fire the 'puter up.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
Here is the deal of the century: I went to the KitchenAid store in greenville Ohio and went down stairs to their closeout/refurb department. There I foudn and bought a Professional 5 mixer, the one with the spiral dough hook, for $130. That is some significant savings! the Professional 6 can not use the spiral hook and the Professional 600 is $239 at the outlet center. So the pro 5, which can take the 6 qt bowl and can handle the amount of dough it will hold, can be had froo $130 plus $39 for the 6qt bowl.

KOOL Huh?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #19
Sous Chef

I need some advice. I bought a KA mixer that is almost a year old. I don't use it often, but when I do, it gets workout (Christmas cookies). Anyhow, in today's mail I got a letter from KA about extended warranties. Anybody have experience with this?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

I bought the extended warrenty and never used it. That thing is a work horse. Also you might want to check e-bay. I just bought a factory refurbished 5 speed blender new in the box for $49.90 with shipping. Kitchen aid also has a store on e-bay.