KitchenAid Q, Overloading?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

The rest of the verse goes: Talking about love. L_O_V_E baby.

1965 hit R & B single. I believe it was Betty Everett.

Last edited:
This IS the replacement machine.

I bought the first mixer from Sears in November.

KA sent the new replacement just over a month ago.

The flyer sent with the replacement states the replacement has a full year warranty so I have 11 months coverage left on this machine.

It's really difficult for me to not take this mixer apart and see what the problem is. But that would void the warranty. DARN!

I have not stopped looking for an old machine.

I've been tracking some sweet deals on Hobart KA's on ebay. They are there. Or Craig's List...that's what I did with my old K45...and before I get any gas for letting it go...it went to a guy in his early twenties. He had his 3-year old son with, and he mentioned that he and his wife had another on the way. She wanted a KA, and he was buying her what he could afford. I showed him how it works, including the food grinder, and he said he had been reading the instructions...he went online and downloaded them! Spread the love...of baking! I will probably send them a link to this fine forum. ;0) ooh, if you like the older machines, check this out... Vintage Mixers from the 40's and 50's

Last edited:
Great link!!

I DO remember the K'Aid 4C Stand Mixer. Julia Child used one several times on her show French Chef.

Looks like they all have power ports for using accessories like a food grinder.

Last edited:
A Kitchenaid 4C is a great little mixer for making cakes, and cookies, and the like.

I have one in stainless steel.

I have a collection of old KA mixers.

That one once came with a 4-qt glass bowl.

And if I remember correctly, it came only with an all-purpose beater, a 175-watt motor and no dough hook because it wasn't designed to make bread dough.

Would you concur with that?

Years ago, in the very early '70s, I was going to get that one. Too bad that I didn't! It more than likely would have still been working today. It was availible in white, avacado green and golden harvast (yellow). Like the two higher models.

And you're right! In addition to still being a workhorse, it also is a collector's item. if I ever see one around, I think I'll jump on it, since it's been out of production for many years now.

And if you ever need parts for a K'Aid Stand Mixer, you can go here;
Appliance Parts From PartSelect | Repair Parts For Major Appliances .

Last edited:
You are correct Corey. It is not powerful enough for bread, so the all purpose beater was used.

I see them all the time on Ebay for less than $100.

You can still buy the stainless steel bowls from Kitchenaid.

Here is a link for the history of KA mixers I wrote for the KA forum.
KitchenAid Conversations - KitchenAid Company and History information?

Here is a photo of my 4C without the glass bowl.

img_603795_0_92c4f037117c2b00dcfdd1d202b9c82b.jpg

I'm also a member over there!

I saw you there and read some of your posts. Very interesting! I'm Daquan13 over there.

Couldn't remember my password for a while, but then it came to me.

Good!

I just got around to posting a thread there about the food grinder that almost killed one of my K'Aid mixers. It's in the Attachments forum.

Last edited:
I've been trying to score a copper bowl insert for a 5 qt. KA bowl-lift mixer, and have missed a couple on the above-mentioned site. I note that there is a rather pricey full copper bowl, custom made to KA specs, for sale, but...I am currently dabbling with copper-plating the inside of a stainless steel KA bowl. I will practice first with an old stainless whisking bowl and see what happens. BOOM!

I am currently dabbling with copper-plating the inside of a stainless steel KA bowl. I will practice first with an old stainless whisking bowl and see what happens. BOOM!

I did a 'short search' on Google for copper plating stainless steel.

With the materials and processes involved you may be further ahead to contact a plating service (which is what I read in one of the search results).

I never heard of anyone trying, but good luck!

Yeah, these WERE available at one time. Don't know if they still are though.

And yes, they were for the K5 and K45 serie models. They were supposed to be beneficial for beating egg whites for maringue.

I've provided a link on the previous page or so. There might be a chance that they can be obtained from there.

Last edited:
Nope, the copper inserts aren't available, but the copper bowls for KA are!

They cost a few bucks, but then so are most things worth having.

Back
Top Bottom