KitchenAid Stand Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man .. these are OATY .. hehe

Could use more Raisins .. 4oz does not seem much in the cookies. I think I'll make it 6oz, maybe 8oz next time. And I think I need Dark B. Sugar .. to add more flavor & possibly more chewy moistness .. I only had Light Brown Sugar.

I am seriously thinking of getting one of those Silicone Spatula Flat Beaters .. would make mixing just that more EZ'er .. so I don't have to stop & scrape the bowl.

Go for the oatmeal raisin... and ummm.. do you deliver?

Sure I can mail some :chef:

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Man .. these are OATY .. hehe

Could use more Raisins .. 4oz does not seem much in the cookies. I think I'll make it 6oz, maybe 8oz next time. And I think I need Dark B. Sugar .. to add more flavor & possibly more chewy moistness .. I only had Light Brown Sugar.

I am seriously thinking of getting one of those Silicone Spatula Flat Beaters .. would make mixing just that more EZ'er .. so I don't have to stop & scrape the bowl.

Sure I can mail some :chef:

They sure look good!

How do you like the new mixer? What did it cost you, if I might ask?

They sure look good!

How do you like the new mixer? What did it cost you, if I might ask?
The cookies tasted great, mind you very oaty because of the Roasted Oat Flour ;)

I love the new mixer, it's much better than the "Professional 6" clunker I got two months ago. That thing was loud, and I could not find replacement parts for it. I got my K45SS from a very nice seller on Craigslist for $110, shipped from Portland, OR .. to me in Anacortes, WA.

I made some of Alton Browns "The Puffy" chocolate chip cookies with it. But I messed up and they came out ultra flat. I did not have Cake flour just AP. I used a full package of 12oz CCs (recipe called only for 8oz/2 cups). And prolly the biggest reason why mine came up flat .. I used baking SODA instead of baking POWDER.

I think I am gona try making Cinnamon Rolls next :chef: (but follow recipe correctly ;))

Joshua, when I need brown sugar (light or dark), I just mix white sugar with some molasses.

On the cinnamon buns, I took note of what they do at those mall cinnabon shops. Roll out the sweet dough, cover in brown sugar, cinnamon, thickly.......then I add LOTS of chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans). Roll them up, cut them, let them rise. They always turn out nice.

I have a KA from around 1983 or 1984ish--it says K45SS, still runs nice, *knock on wood*. I use it for breads, grinding meat and huge batches of cookies.

DARN, now I'm hungry.

I love the new mixer, it's much better than the "Professional 6" clunker I got two months ago. That thing was loud, and I could not find replacement parts for it. I got my K45SS from a very nice seller on Craigslist for $110, shipped from Portland, OR .. to me in Anacortes, WA.

I think it is time for me to say, I told you the old Hobart mixers were better quality than the new ones.:angel:

The cookies tasted great, mind you very oaty because of the Roasted Oat Flour ;)

I made some of Alton Browns "The Puffy" chocolate chip cookies with it. But I messed up and they came out ultra flat. I did not have Cake flour just AP. I used a full package of 12oz CCs (recipe called only for 8oz/2 cups). And prolly the biggest reason why mine came up flat .. I used baking SODA instead of baking POWDER.

I think I am gona try making Cinnamon Rolls next :chef: (but follow recipe correctly ;))

You got a good price on it. I am happy with my new one but if I saw a deal like that I might not be able to pass it up.

I got a vintage Kitchenaid 4-C at a garage sale this weekend for $5. It works great, but missing the bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 175
Food processors liquify, your KitchenAid mixer is for when you want to whip air into things, like egg whites. I agree with the above comment, great for bread, you can get to the kneading stage without getting it all over your hands!

Within the last two weeks I purchased the KitchenAid KP26M1XWH 575watt 6qt bowl lift stand mixer for $299 on-line and then took advantage of the $50 mail-in rebate. So far I have made 3 types of breads & breadsticks, 2 varieties of chocolate chip cookies and whipped potatoes. I am pleased with the product and its results so far.

Does anyone have experience with the KA Pasta Excellence attachment set? Since these cost more than the mixer I need to make sure they perform as advertized. I have read that making pasta is worth the extra effort which does not seem to be that extreme. Is that pretty much on target?

Same performance questions for the food grinder attachment for producing coarse ground ‘chili’ beef.

Thanks

I have no experience with the pasta attachments but with the food grinder.

You need your meat cold but it works well. Regrinding is a hassle as the throat of the grinder is small. I wish the coarse plate was coarser but there are aftermarket plates available, though I don't have them so I can't speak to how well they work.

Back
Top Bottom