KitchenAid Stand Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, all! Been gone for a bit, but I'm back for a bit. Know what $40 can buy? Check it out...for a #10 hub, like on an N50 or KA...
img_1055031_0_5b62eeabed500d6cd6ad526e02c9c758.jpg

Last edited:
Well, one of 'em, maybe. It took me a bit of thinking to realize the disk on the right was for crushing ice. I have never used a pelican head before...any advice? It looks like a horizontal axis food processor. It'll go on an N50. Only one disk shows any sign of use. It sat in a fruit crate in a garage for 30+ years. I can use my juicer as a food mill, and already have a grain mill like the one in the picture. Did Hobart make any other disks besides the ones pictured?

Good thing I got a good deal on that other stuff...I just got skinned for a Model G pastry knife for my N50, but I wanted the darned thing, and they seem to be scarce as hens' teeth. Guess I'll have to sell one of everything I have two of or don't use. Oh, well...

I've been thinking of getting a custom paint job on my K45SS .. and found these people Un Amore Custom Designs .. thank goodness they are about an hours drive from me :cool: I emailed them for an estimate on a simple Curtiss Warhawk Shark Head design.

Check out their gallery of KA Mixers and Custom jobs :chef:

Good lord! I need to find a airbrush artist friend to paint for me. I was quoted $450 for a paint job like these (minus the pinup)

XYn8P.jpg
IZFlK.jpg

I got to use my pelican this morning. 5# organic Jersey yellow cheddar donation for the homeless shelter. It's scrap cheese, trims and ends from the cutter, and doesn't market well. But it sure does shred nicely. I used to use my Cuis' for this, but the pelican works better and seems to be an easier clean-up. Two nice zip-locks of shred in the freezer 'til the shelter season starts. Thank you, Spring Hill Jersey Dairy...you rock!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom