KitchenAid Stand Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In cse anyone is interested, I was at Costco today. They have a 5.5 quart, 575 watt mixer for $269.

I saw 6 quart in Macy's the other day for $300 but there is a $50 dollar rebate if you buy it before the 31-st of this month.

In cse anyone is interested, I was at Costco today. They have a 5.5 quart, 575 watt mixer for $269.
I think that's a really good deal, plus with the rebate your net cost will be $219. I was looking at that mixer a couple of months ago at the Costco Business Center.
The 5.5 quart mixer is a Costco exclusive, plus you get the big motor which only comes with their 6 quart units.

Costco always tries to offer something different from anyone else in their bundles or sets.

We bought ours from Costco probably 17 years ago or so, and paid about $225 for it as I recall. So, when inflation gets figured into the mix, I'd have to say that's a great price.

I just bought an Artisan KitchenAid stand mixer on Macys.com and I am wondering if I will get enough use out of it.I have 2 food processors and have always used them so I have not felt the necessity for one of these but decided maybe I should finally have one. People who own one of these can you tell me what things you use it for?

We bought ours about 15 years ago and initially didn't use it for much other than occasional baking (probably a bit of overkill as the mixer is very high quality and heavy duty).

Over the last few years, since our son was born, we've used it more and more. We use it still for baking but also for making roti (or Indian style naans). It's cut down prep-time for that one item alone by at least an hour as previously my wife would knead the dough by hand.

I just bought an Artisan KitchenAid stand mixer on Macys.com and I am wondering if I will get enough use out of it.I have 2 food processors and have always used them so I have not felt the necessity for one of these but decided maybe I should finally have one. People who own one of these can you tell me what things you use it for?
I bought my Artisan KitchenAid about 18 months ago (always promised myself one) and haven't been disappointed. I ditched my food processor as I only ever used it for making cakes as the mixer is soooooo much better. I've recently bought a pasta attachment but have yet to try it. Keep at it - you'll love it

got my new mixer. i am a bit disappointed . does not seem to be large enough . turns out it is just a powerful hand mixer that fits onto a stand. still it will serve my purpose. bit pricey for basically a hand mixer. it is made by cuisinart. guess i didn't read the description very well. does have dough hooks, and whisk as well as beaters.

when I get a stand mixer .. I want to give it a custom paint job like this one!

2007_07_12_kitchenaid-customized.jpg

I love my Kitchen Aid mixer!

Seven years ago I told my husband that I wanted this mixer for Christmas, and it is the best thing I have ever asked for. Not only do I use it on an almost daily basis to make cookies, cakes, mashed potatoes, whipped cream, bread, pizza dough, etc., but I also have the pasta roller and cutters to make homemade pastas, and the ice cream attachment for making all kinds of frozen treats. My grand son loves to bake cookies with me (he calls the cookies we make the most together "Grammy cookies"), and for that alone, I need this! Enjoy having this on your counter, and go to the website to find a cover, a lid for your bowl, and several other things that make this gadget your favorite. Happy cooking and baking!:chef:

What a tool!

I use mine mostly to make mayo, pizza and cake dough, mashed patatoes. I have the attachment to grind meat so with that I make awesome burgers (mix of 80/20 beef and pork) and last but not least... I make sausage that i'll freeze and eat all year long.

Don't be shy about it. You have one of the highest quality american made machine. Since 1919... :-p

Guppy300

Question:
Will a stand mixer mix a softened stick of butter and shredded cheese?

I bought a food processor because it seemed eveeryone said how great they were, and aside from shredding cabbage, with I do with a knife now because there's a lot less tool to clean, I haven't found one good use for it. The blade sits and spins on the bottom and anything else remains above it. I tried to use it last night, thinking it work for making a garlic cheese spread and it was a wasted effort. I had to break it down so often to push and mix things around that I would have been better off with a bowl and a spoon. That said, I also bought into the original Ninja craze and the dual blades work MUCH better than a typical FP. Even for evenly dicing food. I do grab that once in a while. The FP is about to be relegated to the basement.

Now, to keep this OT, I've been half heartededly kicking around the idea that I neeeed a stand mixer. I've got a bread machine and can use that for kneading, so there's one duplicate appliance/use, but if these stand mixers really grind meats as well as I'm reading and make sausage, maybe it would fill a void. It would be kinda neat to try making my own cased sausage. I would like it to do other tasks though.

So I ask you, if you were to drop a stick of butter, some shredded cheese and a few other items (already cut) into the bowl, would it mix them, or would you constantly need to be pushing the mixture back into the bottom of the bowl and fussing around to get everything combined?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom