KitchenAid Stand Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm happy to report that I just received my free shredder for my KA 600. I took advantage of the free attachment offer when I purchased my mixer back in November.

I guess they really mean it if they say it may take up to 10 weeks to get your freebie....lol...

It amazes me in this day and age of electronic exchange that it can take so long to get anything. 10 weeks to deliver after 42ms of processing. Sheesh.

Whatcha shredding first?

It amazes me in this day and age of electronic exchange that it can take so long to get anything. 10 weeks to deliver after 42ms of processing. Sheesh.

Whatcha shredding first?

I have some parmasan I'd like to shred.

They must have only one person in the whole company handling all the rebate and free offer deals. After all, it was a paper form I had to fill out and choose which attachment I wanted, provide a copy of the receipt, and the actual bar code from the carton I had to cut out to mail to them. They figured some consumers don't want to hassle with all this trouble so they end up not participating.
Their mentality is a certain percentage of consumers will let the deadlines pass. Like gift cards, companies make tremendous amounts of money on them simply because many are never redeemed.

One person?! Don't tell me that. I just mailed in my $30 rebate form yesterday...
;^)

I have some parmasan I'd like to shred.

They must have only one person in the whole company handling all the rebate and free offer deals. After all, it was a paper form I had to fill out and choose which attachment I wanted, provide a copy of the receipt, and the actual bar code from the carton I had to cut out to mail to them. They figured some consumers don't want to hassle with all this trouble so they end up not participating.
Their mentality is a certain percentage of consumers will let the deadlines pass. Like gift cards, companies make tremendous amounts of money on them simply because many are never redeemed.

It is glaringly obvious to me that they are short handed over there as I have tried to call them and you cannot speak to an actual person. They sent me a card in the mail that says I am not eligible for the rebate because the UPC # I sent was invalid. I am wondering if the rebate I had does not cover the model I bought but I need to speak with someone over there to find out if it is their mistake or mine. It tells me if I want to speak to a rep to press a certain number into the phone, which I did, and then I get a message that my call cannot go through as dialed. Huh!

In the meantime the mixer they sent me had a defect so they are sending me another one and I really hope I don't have any problem about not having the UPC code on the box for returning the defective one after I get the new one. :mad:

Just thought I would tell you that for my money it's not the size of the bowl that is important, it's the wattage. Mine is 350 watts I think, I bought itwith extra wattage. You'll want that extra mif you do large batches or for heavy doughs.

I finally got through to the Macy's rebate center and they straightened it out so that I will be getting my $30 rebate and a subscription to Food and Wine Magazine.

Today they delivered the replacement Kitchen Aid Mixer and I have to send back the defective one. I hope they don't give me any grief about the UPC code being cut off from the box!

Now that I finally have my new KitchenAid mixer I am wondering what should be the first thing I use it for? I got a KitchenAid Baking Cookbook at Costco yesterday that might give me some ideas. :)

I use mine almost weekly for bread, cheese cake and meringue. I have the grinder attachment if I'm making a large amount of chorizo, about twice a year and I grind my own hamburger.

Frank really could work on using his more for cheesecake, meringue (lemon meringue pie), cakes. *nods* I so hate seeing Lucille sitting there unused. :rolleyes:

Kathleen, I've heard the grinder attachment tends to "spray" blood.
What are your thoughts on this?

Pacanis,

The grinder can spit at times. I have an apron now. :)

It really isn't bad, but I have ended with bits of ground meat on my shirt on occasion. I did watch a fella grinding meat to make sausage with a professional grinder. He had to put his hand in front of the output or he ended with meat stuck to the wall. His had a 6HP motor in it and ground about 20 pounds in a less than a minute. Oh the joy.

Kathleen, I've heard the grinder attachment tends to "spray" blood.
What are your thoughts on this?

I only find it a problem if I have at eye level...my glasses get spattered.:)

I find those type of claims to be along the lines of "flour flies out of the bowl"...cooking and prep are messy!

Last edited:
I only find it a problem if I have at eye level...my glasses get spattered.:)

I find those type of claims to be along the lines of "flour flies out of the bowl"...cooking and prep are messy!

Some of us are tall enough not to have that problem... :LOL:

I sometimes get a light dusting of flour out of the bowl. Of course it usually occurs when I am too aggressive in speed with dry ingredients.

Some of us are tall enough not to have that problem... :LOL:

I sometimes get a light dusting of flour out of the bowl. Of course it usually occurs when I am too aggressive in speed with dry ingredients.

At least I don't get back strain from digging in the lower cabinets and step ladders are handy;)

Back
Top Bottom