"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #81
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,640
I'm happy to report that I just received my free shredder for my KA 600. I took advantage of the free attachment offer when I purchased my mixer back in November.

I guess they really mean it if they say it may take up to 10 weeks to get your freebie....lol...
__________________

__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #82
Master Chef
 
FrankZ's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 9,633
It amazes me in this day and age of electronic exchange that it can take so long to get anything. 10 weeks to deliver after 42ms of processing. Sheesh.

Whatcha shredding first?
__________________

__________________
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #83
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
It amazes me in this day and age of electronic exchange that it can take so long to get anything. 10 weeks to deliver after 42ms of processing. Sheesh.

Whatcha shredding first?
I have some parmasan I'd like to shred.

They must have only one person in the whole company handling all the rebate and free offer deals. After all, it was a paper form I had to fill out and choose which attachment I wanted, provide a copy of the receipt, and the actual bar code from the carton I had to cut out to mail to them. They figured some consumers don't want to hassle with all this trouble so they end up not participating.
Their mentality is a certain percentage of consumers will let the deadlines pass. Like gift cards, companies make tremendous amounts of money on them simply because many are never redeemed.
__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
One person?! Don't tell me that. I just mailed in my $30 rebate form yesterday...
;^)
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #85
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I have some parmasan I'd like to shred.

They must have only one person in the whole company handling all the rebate and free offer deals. After all, it was a paper form I had to fill out and choose which attachment I wanted, provide a copy of the receipt, and the actual bar code from the carton I had to cut out to mail to them. They figured some consumers don't want to hassle with all this trouble so they end up not participating.
Their mentality is a certain percentage of consumers will let the deadlines pass. Like gift cards, companies make tremendous amounts of money on them simply because many are never redeemed.
It is glaringly obvious to me that they are short handed over there as I have tried to call them and you cannot speak to an actual person. They sent me a card in the mail that says I am not eligible for the rebate because the UPC # I sent was invalid. I am wondering if the rebate I had does not cover the model I bought but I need to speak with someone over there to find out if it is their mistake or mine. It tells me if I want to speak to a rep to press a certain number into the phone, which I did, and then I get a message that my call cannot go through as dialed. Huh!

In the meantime the mixer they sent me had a defect so they are sending me another one and I really hope I don't have any problem about not having the UPC code on the box for returning the defective one after I get the new one.
__________________
mkaylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #86
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722
Just thought I would tell you that for my money it's not the size of the bowl that is important, it's the wattage. Mine is 350 watts I think, I bought itwith extra wattage. You'll want that extra mif you do large batches or for heavy doughs.
__________________
joesfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #87
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 233
I finally got through to the Macy's rebate center and they straightened it out so that I will be getting my $30 rebate and a subscription to Food and Wine Magazine.

Today they delivered the replacement Kitchen Aid Mixer and I have to send back the defective one. I hope they don't give me any grief about the UPC code being cut off from the box!
__________________
mkaylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #88
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 233
Now that I finally have my new KitchenAid mixer I am wondering what should be the first thing I use it for? I got a KitchenAid Baking Cookbook at Costco yesterday that might give me some ideas.
__________________
mkaylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #89
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaylady View Post
Now that I finally have my new KitchenAid mixer I am wondering what should be the first thing I use it for? I got a KitchenAid Baking Cookbook at Costco yesterday that might give me some ideas.
pizza dough
__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #90
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
pizza dough
You must have read my mind because that is what I have been wanting to make. I just need to buy the mozzarella cheese.
__________________

__________________
mkaylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kitchenaid, mixer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.