"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #81
Master Chef

I'm happy to report that I just received my free shredder for my KA 600. I took advantage of the free attachment offer when I purchased my mixer back in November.

I guess they really mean it if they say it may take up to 10 weeks to get your freebie....lol...

Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #82
Master Chef

Site Administrator

It amazes me in this day and age of electronic exchange that it can take so long to get anything. 10 weeks to deliver after 42ms of processing. Sheesh.

Whatcha shredding first?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #83
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
It amazes me in this day and age of electronic exchange that it can take so long to get anything. 10 weeks to deliver after 42ms of processing. Sheesh.

Whatcha shredding first?
I have some parmasan I'd like to shred.

They must have only one person in the whole company handling all the rebate and free offer deals. After all, it was a paper form I had to fill out and choose which attachment I wanted, provide a copy of the receipt, and the actual bar code from the carton I had to cut out to mail to them. They figured some consumers don't want to hassle with all this trouble so they end up not participating.
Their mentality is a certain percentage of consumers will let the deadlines pass. Like gift cards, companies make tremendous amounts of money on them simply because many are never redeemed.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire

One person?! Don't tell me that. I just mailed in my $30 rebate form yesterday...
;^)
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #85
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I have some parmasan I'd like to shred.

They must have only one person in the whole company handling all the rebate and free offer deals. After all, it was a paper form I had to fill out and choose which attachment I wanted, provide a copy of the receipt, and the actual bar code from the carton I had to cut out to mail to them. They figured some consumers don't want to hassle with all this trouble so they end up not participating.
Their mentality is a certain percentage of consumers will let the deadlines pass. Like gift cards, companies make tremendous amounts of money on them simply because many are never redeemed.
It is glaringly obvious to me that they are short handed over there as I have tried to call them and you cannot speak to an actual person. They sent me a card in the mail that says I am not eligible for the rebate because the UPC # I sent was invalid. I am wondering if the rebate I had does not cover the model I bought but I need to speak with someone over there to find out if it is their mistake or mine. It tells me if I want to speak to a rep to press a certain number into the phone, which I did, and then I get a message that my call cannot go through as dialed. Huh!

In the meantime the mixer they sent me had a defect so they are sending me another one and I really hope I don't have any problem about not having the UPC code on the box for returning the defective one after I get the new one.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #86
Head Chef

Just thought I would tell you that for my money it's not the size of the bowl that is important, it's the wattage. Mine is 350 watts I think, I bought itwith extra wattage. You'll want that extra mif you do large batches or for heavy doughs.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #87
Senior Cook

I finally got through to the Macy's rebate center and they straightened it out so that I will be getting my $30 rebate and a subscription to Food and Wine Magazine.

Today they delivered the replacement Kitchen Aid Mixer and I have to send back the defective one. I hope they don't give me any grief about the UPC code being cut off from the box!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #88
Senior Cook

Now that I finally have my new KitchenAid mixer I am wondering what should be the first thing I use it for? I got a KitchenAid Baking Cookbook at Costco yesterday that might give me some ideas.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #89
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaylady View Post
Now that I finally have my new KitchenAid mixer I am wondering what should be the first thing I use it for? I got a KitchenAid Baking Cookbook at Costco yesterday that might give me some ideas.
pizza dough
Old 02-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #90
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
pizza dough
You must have read my mind because that is what I have been wanting to make. I just need to buy the mozzarella cheese.

Tags
kitchenaid, mixer