Life without an oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me, it looks like a fancy toaster oven with a hot plate on top--I so want one!!!
In my younger years, I lived in a basement suite that lacked an actual oven. All I had was what you just described - a toaster oven that had two stove elements on top.

It was nifty. I was just cooking for myself in those days so it got the job done. And you just can't beat how fast a toaster oven heats up!

But: now I couldn't imagine living without my "grown-up" oven :chef:

I have never seen anything like it on this side of the pond. I googled and the results were all for the UK.

Maybe we don't get those because we use 110 Volt electricity? If we have an electric stove here, it either has to be installed by an electrician or there is a special 220 volt outlet for it. I've got one of those 220 volt outlets for my dryer too.

To me, it looks like a fancy toaster oven with a hot plate on top--I so want one!!! Actually, the installation of the wiring has to be inspected by an electrician, I believe, but one can do one's own wiring (I have had that done and had it inspected). Some ranges are hardwired (no plug--my friend's mom's stove was like that), others have that gigantic plug. I think most homes in NA are wired to include a 220 volt range.
good morning!
now then tax,i know i said i'd mail you a tube of umami paste but i ain't shippin' one of these to the states:LOL:!
found these over your side,don't think they have rotisseries or plates but it's a starting point for your search:
KitchenAid®: Welcome to KitchenAid.com
happy huntin'
harry

good morning!
now then tax,i know i said i'd mail you a tube of umami paste but i ain't shippin' one of these to the states:LOL:!
found these over your side,don't think they have rotisseries or plates but it's a starting point for your search:
KitchenAid®: Welcome to KitchenAid.com
happy huntin'
harry
Nah, I meant specifically with the rotisserie and hot plates. I have a very nice DeLonghi toaster oven that has convection and a dehydrate setting. It gets used a lot.

sorry garlic
just read your post,the link from your's isn't working(?) so i can't see the images but,i guess,we are singin' off the same hymn sheet on this one:)
harry

Weird - I can't find a link to the oven I have. They seem to be forwarding to a a double oven model. We got it about three years ago - maybe they don't make that model anymore. Anyway, it has a regular oven with convection, a proofing setting, a meat temperature probe (you can set the desired finished temp), two timers, and a warming drawer. One thing I really like about it is that the feature and gas controls are on the front of the unit, so I don't have to reach over hot pans to change settings.

Weird - I can't find a link to the oven I have. They seem to be forwarding to a a double oven model. We got it about three years ago - maybe they don't make that model anymore. Anyway, it has a regular oven with convection, a proofing setting, a meat temperature probe (you can set the desired finished temp), two timers, and a warming drawer. One thing I really like about it is that the feature and gas controls are on the front of the unit, so I don't have to reach over hot pans to change settings.
are you sure that's not a space shuttle you've got in your kitchen garlic:LOL:!
sounds amazing!
harry

Back
Top Bottom