Loading a Dishwasher Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Years go I read business end up so that's what I do. I think it was Dear Abby. :rolleyes:

No matter what you do be ready to enjoy the couch. ;)

One of the few times I went shopping with my wife, was when we purchased our couch. Made sure it was nice and comfy and a good one to sleep on. definitely paid off :LOL:

What is a spider?
2010019-eq-basic-part%201-spider.jpg

The spider is often used in Asian cooking Cin. I don't have one, but a big round plastic one with holes that does the job, although not quite as well I don't think. My tool is certainly more durable and easier to store.

Last edited:
The spider is often used in Asian cooking Cin. I don't have one, but a big round plastic one with holes that does the job, although not quite as well I don't think. My tool is certainly more durable and easier to store.

I use it with small pasta, too, to lift it out of the water and put it into another pan with the sauce. That way, I can avoid draining out the water and have it available to adjust the sauce.

And I keep it in the utensil crock on the counter, so storage isn't a problem.

I use it with small pasta, too, to lift it out of the water and put it into another pan with the sauce. That way, I can avoid draining out the water and have it available to adjust the sauce.

Same here. I also use it to lift stuff out of a frying pan when I don't want to bring too much grease along. Yesterday I browned a lot of cubes of beef for stew. It was the easiest way to remove the meat from the skillet so I could add the next batch of meat.

I recently had an adorable utensil cock on my counter. He was a colorful "rooster chef with an attitude". I miss him but "someone" broke him. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys and gals ,
Now I just have to figure out how much soap stuff to put in and how to turn it on , and Im all set :ROFLMAO:

Larry, you sound like me with the washer/dryer. For years, I've tried to master laundry and have invariably ended up ruining many articles of clothing in the process.

After making a number of reasonable efforts, my wife finally said, "Why don't you just stick to the cooking? We all have our talents and obviously laundry is not one of yours." :LOL:

Being responsible for my own laundry for 10 years, I learned. Just a few basic questions to my sister and I was good. It wasn't until I met SO and there was a whole new set of rules for her stuff (I never had to put my underwear in a zippered mesh bag to wash them...). So now I wash basic stuff and she washes the rest.

I iron for both of us because I'm better at it.

Larry, you sound like me with the washer/dryer. For years, I've tried to master laundry and have invariably ended up ruining many articles of clothing in the process.

After making a number of reasonable efforts, my wife finally said, "Why don't you just stick to the cooking? We all have our talents and obviously laundry is not one of yours." :LOL:

When I was in college, I used to take my clothes and detergent with me into the shower, and thats how my clothes got washed. ( dried them on top of the heater in the room).

A few years ago, My wife turned on the washing machine, then left for the day. I was cooking, heard a noise coming from outside the kitchen, and figured it was the television in the other room. A few minutes later, something didn't just seem right, so I went out of the kitchen to see what it was, and noticed about 1 inch of water coming from the downstairs bathroom all over the hall way. I opened the bathroom door, and the toilet was gurgling and over flowering ( as a result of the septic tank being too full, and the washing machine trying to drain water to a full tank). I ran to the washing machine to turn it off, but there were like 100 buttons, dials and switches. It was like trying to fly an airplane without knowing how. I pressed and twisted a few things, with no results. finally, I just pulled out that huge plug on the wall and the machine ( and over flowing ) stopped.

The kicker is, it was on my birthday, and it was a Sunday during football season. So, trying to find someone to come and pump it out was a real treat.

In our picture album for that year, I have a picture of all of our birthdays and what we did. On mine, I have the picture of the cesspool truck sitting in front of our house.

I always say that was the most expensive birthday present I ever got. Just what I wanted to do on my birthday. Spend $2000 to have years of crap pumped out of my septic tank.

I guess this is the long way of me saying that my laundry skills are equally as poor, and the reason Im told to just stay in the kitchen.

Larry

In this house, she does the separating and loads the washer, then we share the duties of transferring to the dryer and folding after drying. I sometimes wash my own stuff, but rarely touch hers.

My sister in law puts her sharp knives and other utensils in the dishwasher basket facing up. I was helping after a big dinner there and got stuck in the hand putting other utensils into the basket! To me it seems almost hazardous doing it that way. Besides, when you put knives in with the blades pointing down, the soapy water has more time cascading down the handle to the blade and out the basket. To me that would seem to clean them more effectively.

Last edited:
:whistling
The bride to be asks the jeweler how best to protect her wedding ring, he replies, " Dishwater three times a day ".

Attachments

• scared.gif
    scared.gif
    1 KB · Views: 66
Well, my first wash was successful , didn't get stuck with anything, no suds all over the floor, and everything looks relatively clean. Lets see if I can make it two for two

Back
Top Bottom