Looks Like I'll be Refrigerator Shopping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our new fridge arrived this morning. I have coolers and our freezer jammed with foods ready to transfer. Waiting for the new guy to cool down. Hooked up the ice maker. Almost ready to go.

Attachments

• DSC04612.jpg
    DSC04612.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 130
Congratulations, Andy! What did you end up getting, if I may ask?

Steve, even I can pull my fridge out by myself because it's on wheels. I can't remember any refrigerator we've owned (since 1977) that didn't have wheels. Man up boy! ;) No offense :flowers:
Yes. There are wheels on the fridge, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that there is no laminate flooring under where it sits. So it has to be simultaneously pulled out from the wall and lifted up a half inch or so at the same time. Couple that with the fact that there is no room to slide fingers between the wall means that one person has to pull it out from the top while the other person lifts from the bottom. My 5.0' wife isn't up to either task.

Congratulations, Andy! What did you end up getting, if I may ask?...

Thanks Steve.

It's a Samsung 22 cubic foot model. Ice maker in the freezer, no water dispenser in the door. It's basically the only size that fits. in the slot.

Congratulations, Andy! What did you end up getting, if I may ask?

Yes. There are wheels on the fridge, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that there is no laminate flooring under where it sits. So it has to be simultaneously pulled out from the wall and lifted up a half inch or so at the same time. Couple that with the fact that there is no room to slide fingers between the wall means that one person has to pull it out from the top while the other person lifts from the bottom. My 5.0' wife isn't up to either task.
Been there, done that. It's extra problematic when it doesn't want to go back in straight.

The space is a different shape from the old fridge so we'll probably be rearranging things until we're comfortable with the set up.

Sorry, Addie. I don't name inanimate objects.

You would like Rosie the iRobot vacuum then. She only responds to her name. :wacko: If I can get it right the first time. :angel:

I choose the name Samsung. Very apropos and it's already emblazoned on the front!

See, that's not how a naming contest works. You get a bunch of names from everyone then you pick, from that list, which one wins.

Personally I think it looks like a Ramona.

I really like your black fridge Andy, I think it looks very classy myself. I'd like to change all my appliances to black, but I'm stuck for a while with white. Stainless steel doesn't do a thing for me, besides I'd have nowhere to put all our travel magnets.

I still think Mortica is the right feel.

Back
Top Bottom