"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Machine to make whipped hot chocolate

Is there a not to expensive machine that I can pour milk into and some Hot Chocolate into and have a whipped hot chocolate? Or is the Micro wave the only option

Old 08-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilasman View Post
Is there a not to expensive machine that I can pour milk into and some Hot Chocolate into and have a whipped hot chocolate? Or is the Micro wave the only option

Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother is all you need, yet only costs a tenner. Save your money.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Master Chef

I'm confused, how could a microwave be an option for whipped hot chocolate? I just use my stick blender...does a great job. Hot chocolate is a real treat to me, so I always make the top of the stove recipe on the side of the Hershey's Cocoa containter, then give it a whir with the stick.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
Senior Cook

I wasnt clear. I meant a machine to heat the milk or something like a Expresso or Capcino machine that could steam the milk and whip it. I have a stick blender which I find to be to big for the job, I have a Braun, the big braun and I have a milk frother type stick blender.

I was looking for something comparable to a Keurig for hot chocolate
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Smile Whipped Hot Chocolate Maker

Cocoa Latte makes a whipped hot chocolate maker. Put in the ingredients press a button, it will stop when the hot chocolate is t temperature. press the dispense button, put your cup under the spout, pull the lever and Voila, you have hot chocolte in your mug. mine works great, had it for many years. A Side Note: For better tasting hot choclolate, melt real chocolate in a pan and put it in the hot chocolate maker before it reaches temperature.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilasman View Post
I wasnt clear. I meant a machine to heat the milk or something like a Expresso or Capcino machine that could steam the milk and whip it. I have a stick blender which I find to be to big for the job, I have a Braun, the big braun and I have a milk frother type stick blender.

I was looking for something comparable to a Keurig for hot chocolate
Well, they do have hot chocolate for the Keurig machines I think, but it would not whip milk.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
Master Chef

I use my stick blender. I put the hot chocolate or most anything else into a large bartenders shaker glass and hit it with the stick blender then pour it into a mug. For me the bartenders glass is the secret to using the stick blender, the head of the blender just fits the bottom of the glass I have. I just have to remember to take my finger off the trigger when I lift it up, I am a slow learner with that thing!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea
I use my stick blender. I put the hot chocolate or most anything else into a large bartenders shaker glass and hit it with the stick blender then pour it into a mug. For me the bartenders glass is the secret to using the stick blender, the head of the blender just fits the bottom of the glass I have. I just have to remember to take my finger off the trigger when I lift it up, I am a slow learner with that thing!
Great idea. I am going to have to try it!