"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 06-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Marinating food tumbler

Hi all,

I recently came across an appliance named "Reveo Food Tumbler". It cuts down marinating time to 20mins.

I am seriously considering getting this machine but since I live in Hong Kong and have not been able to see the machine in action I was hoping to get some comments here.

Please let me know your thoughts if it is a good or bad machine. At a price of $200.00 it is not cheap and I was wondering if there is any other appliance out on the market that works as good with a lower price.

Look forward to everyone's great advice...

Thanks...

Old 06-13-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
Head Chef

The best I found is zip lock gallon freezer bags.Works great and alot cheaper.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

For that price I would invest in a Foodsaver instead. The Foodsaver will cut your marinating time down that much as well, plus it has other very valuable functions.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I agree with both GB and Thump,

A food saver will forcably infuse flavors, and a ziplock bag is really all you need. I have seen the machines you are talking about, and honestly, I think the only thing it is good for is seperating the purchacer from thier hard earned money. Just my opinion though.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
Master Chef

I really don't see the need for that? Why should I buy such a thing? What are my profits?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:59 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

Thanks for the replies so far. What is a foodsaver? I live in Hong Kong and not sure what that is.

I have used ziploc bags before also. My main thought on getting the machine is the time it saves. If I use ziploc bags I usually have to marinate overnight.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

Ahh... I just found out what a Foodsaver is. Gotta love "Google"
Old 06-14-2006, 05:48 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Or get what I've been using for years. And that is the Season Serve by Tupperware.

It's an oblong-shaped plastic container into which you place your meat to be marinated, add the marinade mixture, place the cover on it, give it a few shakes and place it in the fridge.

Every now and then overnight, you flip the container, give it a few more shakes and leave it on the reverse side. This helps to evenly distribute the juices and liquids throughout the meat, making it more tender and palatable.

I love it! It works for me!! That other thing, I don't know. It probably works, but its cost is ridiculously high!!

~Corey123.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
Chief Eating Officer

I think Indigo is looking for something that will cut down on the time it takes to marinade though. Zip Lock bags and Tupperware will not cut down the time.

I used my Foodsaver to marinade all the time and it works amazingly well. What used to take all night now only takes 15-20 minutes.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Foodsaver DOES have an accessory vacuum-type marinater that she can get. It marinates meat in about twenty minutes or so.

I got one that I can't use now because I changed brands to a Kenmore. If she wants it, I'd be happy to send it to her.