Well guys its pretty close to the big buying decision. Im starting to sway towards the villiware. Please anyone slap me around and call me crazy and tell me im making the wrong decision if i am. Where here is the list of the reasons i am swaying towards the villiware:
1) Bigger motor (150w vs 100w). Of course this doesn't tell the whole story but this gives me a clue. The villiware ought to be able to to cut through meat with less stress and therefor less heat. This is VERY important for a meat slicer
2) It comes with both a serrated blade and a smooth blade. You have to pay for this with the chef's choice.
3) From what i heard villiware makes pretty good products overall. Seems like most of there products are pretty good.
4) comes with a nice tray to catch whatever your slicing
the only review i could find of the villiware seems to be glowing (on amazon):
had the Rival 1050C before but this slicer blows it away!I only paid $94.00 here on Amazon with free shipping.
Things I liked about this slicer:
1. comes with 2 blades-smooth & serrated.
2. 150 watts
3. Variable speed
4. Pulse mode and regular-in the pulse mode you have to hold the switch on all the time you're slicing in the regular mode just turn on the switch and the unit stays on until you shut it off.
5. Large knob to adjust thickness
6. solid, slices evenly
7. cantilevered design to place tray under to catch slices.
There is nothing I disliked about this!
Ok now on to the things i don't like about it:
1) go to www.villiware.com.......you
won't be able to find it. Well at least i didn't. Is this something villiware only sells to oem. Are the discontinuing this item? What gives?
2) Its hard to find this slicer at a reputable store....sure amazon.com sells it but its from a 3rd party...its not from them. Cooking.com does sell it but they want WAY WAY to much for it. Almost $50 more.
So let me know what you guys think about my decision.