Microwave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
Hi

I have just bought a new microwave that is more fancy then the one I had before. But I need to learn it :angel:

It says it has convention, grill and normal microwave.

I now that the convention function makes it like a normal oven. But what do I use the grill to?

Can the grill alone make chicken legs?

I am realy new into micro coocking so any advice would be nice :chef:

Yes, it is one off those I have bought.

What can I use this functions to?

I used to have a combination microwave/convection oven, but I was working then and really never took the time to learn how to use the convection part.

Kamp,

The only thing I could find for your model,& # was just parts..

I have a combo to but mine is the Daewoo brand.
It's technical.Right down to the cooking power lvls,and convection oven temps.

Did yours come with any accessories for cooking? If so what did it come with? Got a picture?

With mine to grill/convection cook anything it's a must to have a rack and oven safe dishes to use with it.
Anything cooked either way has to be off the turntable.That allows the heat to be distributed evenly.Preheating for a few minutes is usually a good idea.

If you could give us a little more info about your model.Even the little details.I'm sure people here will help you as much as possible.

Thank you
Munky.

Okey, I will try. (my english is not always so good..)

It came with a grill thing:
img_842522_0_9ce5ce95e4b48b6afb4bccca2490b252.jpg

It looks like this:
img_842522_1_79338f688dcb6d3b7c1b45fefbd9ba89.jpg

It have some programs.
Reheat, meat, fish, soup, pizza, chicken, vegetable.

I can choose between 5 "types". If I don't use any program.
Micro
Micro + grill
Grill
Grill + convention
Micro + convention + grill

It also have defrost. (But I understand that one ;))

I have tried the chicken button. I weight the chicken and it was 1,1 kg so I "told" the micro is was 1,1kg. And I pushed start. It said 30 minutes left. After 20 minutes it started to smell burned and when I opened the microwave the topp off the chicken skinn was black.

Am I supposed to use the grillrack (is it called that?) when I make chicken?

If I make vegetable, do I need water in the glass box?

What do I use the grill to?
Can the grill make chicken wings?

I have read in the papers that if I use convention it is like a normal oven so thats okey. But it is mainly the grill function and the automeny I am wondering about.

Sorry if this is some stranges question. But I realy like to make food, but I am new into microwave. Only made it in the oven before :) (I have also made a coocbook with 150 SCD recipes :))

Thank you very much for the pictures and additional information.
Now were talking here :)

That's a very nice unit.Looks like you have the dual rack.Meaning that you can cook 2 items at the same time.

How did you cook your chicken? Convection/grill? Or the Auto cook microwave method?
Does it give you a temperature control option?

Yes you can grill chicken wings.Use the rack. Preheat your oven on convection/grill mode for 10 minutes before you start cooking.Set the temp @350.

Place your chicken wings on the rack,larger pieces on the outside,smaller inside.You can either grill/convection cook them,or just grill.How ever you like them.Check after 15 minutes.If it looks good,keep cooking until your happy with it.

Anytime you want to directly grill/convection cook something the rack is always used.If you need to cook something that requires a pan.Always use the rack when you do.If you just want to microwave something quick,the rack won't be needed.

For veggies,depending on what kind,cooking methods vary.If it's something that the rack is too large for,I'd microwave safe dish in a little water.

Grilled potatoes can be grilled on the rack,Preheat,Load the wedges on,brush with olive oil,season them how you want.I'd use the grill/combination convection.Until done.

Before I forget. Be very careful in how you clean your unit.
Normal soap and water is fine.If something is baked on.Add a cup of water and microwave it for a minute.Let the steam work to remove the spills.

It's not all all recommended that you use any cleaning clothes (scratchy pads) to clean your oven.They can leave fibers behind that can get into the vent holes of the oven.It will cause a fire if any cloth fibers get trapped in there,around the heating elements.

I hope this helps.If you need more help,just ask :)

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom