Microwave and convection oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
to lazy to see if this has been done. i would like to put my turkey for thanksgiving in the micro and use the convection setting. anyone done this? about how long per pound? i goggled it and got settings and times that were all over the place. when i do turkey in reg. oven the stupid smoke alarm goes off. specially if i use any butter on it.

would appreciate any advice. :ermm:

I've got nothing. Putting a turkey in a microwave isn't something I would even consider. I would pull the battery out of the smoke alarm for a day if it were me :)

to lazy to see if this has been done. i would like to put my turkey for thanksgiving in the micro and use the convection setting. anyone done this? about how long per pound? i goggled it and got settings and times that were all over the place. when i do turkey in reg. oven the stupid smoke alarm goes off. specially if i use any butter on it.

would appreciate any advice. :ermm:

I also have a microwave/convection oven and I have made a turkey in there on the convection setting about 3 times and each time it came out perfect! I am coming to your rescue as soon as I find the recipe I used which explained the temp and minutes per lb. Be back shortly with the info! :chef:

thanks, that should do it, i may do a beer butt one in the oven. won't use butter. and i just might disconnect the alarm.

I have to say that having done it both ways I prefer the way the turkey comes out in my convection/microwave oven. I use the convection setting of course so no microwaving is involved. The turkey comes out extremely moist and takes less time to cook because of the convection feature.

I have to say that having done it both ways I prefer the way the turkey comes out in my convection/microwave oven. I use the convection setting of course so no microwaving is involved. The turkey comes out extremely moist and takes less time to cook because of the convection feature.

watched guy on guy's big bite, yesterday. he did the beer and laced turkey with bacon. stuffed slices or rather the ends of the bacon into the neck cavity. he let the rest of slices down the sides of bird. gotta say it looked very good. think i will do that. thanks for your advise mkaylady. much appreciated.

mkaylady, could i put beer can in convection oven? maybe i can have it that way, in a shorter time.

As long as you are not using the microwave function I don't see why not. If you are using the convection oven only then it is just like a regular oven except it cooks faster. How large is your microwave/convection, big enough to fit the turkey? I can fit a 20 lb turkey in mine.

How does the beer can version work exactly? Is the beer can full when you put it in the butt of the turkey? If so, how does the beer get out into the turkey?

As long as you are not using the microwave function I don't see why not. If you are using the convection oven only then it is just like a regular oven except it cooks faster. How large is your microwave/convection, big enough to fit the turkey? I can fit a 20 lb turkey in mine.

How does the beer can version work exactly? Is the beer can full when you put it in the butt of the turkey? If so, how does the beer get out into the turkey?

it is big enough for a turkey about twelve pounds which is what i have. this one uses a large can of beer. put half out (and drink it) stick the rest up the butt. i am assuming the flavor and moisture goes up and into the turkey. the bacon part attracts me big time.

it is big enough for a turkey about twelve pounds which is what i have. this one uses a large can of beer. put half out (and drink it) stick the rest up the butt. i am assuming the flavor and moisture goes up and into the turkey. the bacon part attracts me big time.

Definitely the bacon adds a lot of flavor. I would try it in the convection oven. Let us know how it turns out.

Loving all of this turkey talk and so many ways to roast that heavenly bird...

Back
Top Bottom