Mini processor/mixer recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spork

Head Chef
When Cuisinart first came out with its miniature food-processor, I bought one. It's a poop. A nearly useless big plop. Sort of like the Hummer 2.

I still want a mini-processor that's effective because using one of my larger appliances for something like a quarter cup of aioli doesn't work well either. Have brands/models improved? Thanks for any suggestions.

My stick blender has a bowl attachment that works well for small items.
And I'm a big fan of the original Ninja, too, as are most people who have one. One power source, two different sized containers, the dual blades do a better job than a typical FP blade.
I'd recommend a stick blender with the bag of goodies though. It's a multi-tasker.

I'm surprised to hear your Cuisinart was not good. I bought one not too long ago to replace another brand that didn't work well. I have been very happy with my Cuisinart.

That said, a stick blender with attachments is a very good idea for its versatility.

I have a Kitchenaid that I got for christmas, it works really well surprisingly well actually. It crushes wafers and graham crackers better than my big black and decker, but I have to do it in smaller batches.

you serious? i love my little cuisinart. maybe you aren't choosing the right jobs for it. it's very different than a stick blender.

you serious? i love my little cuisinart. maybe you aren't choosing the right jobs for it. it's very different than a stick blender.

Food processors are indeed very different from emulsion blenders... on their own.
However, when you take that motor and set it on the attachment that you can see in the center of this picture, you basically have a food processor suited for smaller tasks. Stick blenders, they aren't just for soup anymore :LOL:

Attachments

• stick blender.jpg
    stick blender.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 117
Over the years I've bought two or three stick blenders. They always come with the attachments. I've never used any of them even once.

I have used the whisk (besides the little chopper/slicer) numerous times, but then that's before I had a stand mixer. And I don't have a hand mixer, so the whisk kinda worked again for what I was needing it to do. Those little stick blenders are handy. They store pretty easy, too.

pacanis said:
Food processors are indeed very different from emulsion blenders... on their own.
However, when you take that motor and set it on the attachment that you can see in the center of this picture, you basically have a food processor suited for smaller tasks. Stick blenders, they aren't just for soup anymore :LOL:

PAC, What kind of stick blender is that you have pictured. I have a 20 year old Braun that I use quite q bit and I live it. I'm guessing they have come along way in 20 years lol!

I have a little B&D that absolutely will NOT give up the ghost so I can buy a new one.:LOL: It's probably 20 years old.

The one I have pictued is a Kitchen Aid, Somebunny. It's the one I have. I'm glad I bought it a few years ago, they have jumped in price.

Back
Top Bottom