Mixer/Chopper/Blender/Juicer Recipe Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Recently purchased a mixer/chopper/blender/juicer (similar to the Magic Bullet). Looking for some healthy recipes I can whip up. (The booklet that came with has a limited amount of recipes.) Any thoughts?

hmm my parents use a vita mixer and they also bought lots of healthy drink recpies book from taiwan (healthy drinks are the new thing to be crazy about there) One of them is you take carrots about 2 blend up with like 1 cup of water you take 1 whole lemon - peeled, 1 orange and like 3 apples and blend.

masteraznchefjr said:
hmm my parents use a vita mixer and they also bought lots of healthy drink recpies book from taiwan (healthy drinks are the new thing to be crazy about there) One of them is you take carrots about 2 blend up with like 1 cup of water you take 1 whole lemon - peeled, 1 orange and like 3 apples and blend.

Thanks Master. Want to eat drink healthier in the new year. I posted a link for Licuados recipes under beverages, if anyone would like to take a look-see. Time to dust off & put all our cooking gadgets to good use.

hiya mish,
we have a vitamixer as well, and make a lot of fruit squishies (smoothies to all you who don't watch the simpsons). put in ice, a little water or apple juice, honey and whatever fresh and ripe fruit you have around. we like bananas and mango or papaya, bananas and strawberries, raspberries and kiwi, etc.

Thanks BT!
I'm all for smoothies. On the Licuados site I posted (beverages), it's hard to resist those chocolate/peanut butter bananna/ice cream drinks. Keep these healthy recipes coming.

I've been poking around & found a bunch of interesting recipes. The cream of broccoli soup. smoked salmon bisque, espresso mousse & salmon salad w avocado vinaigrette look mighty good.

http://www.oster.com/recipeslist.aspx?cat=3&name=Blenders

We have a juicer and the kids like to make apple/ginger juice. Two apples and about a half inch fresh ginger.

Pam

Pam Leavy said:
We have a juicer and the kids like to make apple/ginger juice. Two apples and about a half inch fresh ginger.

Pam

Thanks Pam. You must have read my mind. When I read BT's recipes, wanted to say...bet a little ginger would give those smoothies an extra kick.

Here's a smoothie recipe for you to get started with Mish!

2 large "juice oranges", peeled

1 small kiwi, peeled

3 medium/large strawberries

1 green banana, peeled

3 ice cubes

1 oz vanilla (NOT vanilla extract!)

2-3 oz yoghurt

1 tablespoon honey

Blend together until "smooth"...

Enjoy!

(Have never tried this with ginger, and don't think I'd want to... on occaision, can substitute vanilla ice cream for the yoghurt)

i'm getting the mag. bul. tonite. i was so bored in the hospital that i came up with a huge list of things to make with it. here are some of them. some were thier ideas, some were mine.
-guacamole
-smoothies
-pesto sauce
-salsa
-bean dip
-hummus
-carrot curry soup (1 small bag boiled baby carrots, shallots sauteed in olive oil, sauteed garlic, seasalt, white pepper, green curry paste. puree till smooth if it has a blender attachment.) *i forgot to add this ingreadient :eek: : whisk in heavy cream while heating after blending!*
-nut butters (add a flavor-neutral oil to help blend)
-applesauce (boil apples w/ cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar, or splenda, puree)
-mince spinach for home made pasta (cook and drain a box of frozen spinach; squeeze through clean, well-rinsed dishtowel till as dry as possible, then mince.

masteraznchefjr,
Please post more of the recipes from your parents books. I have a Vita-Mix and need healthy recipes to make for my husband. He needs to eat more and gain weight..he isn't fond of smoothies because they are too sweet. I love them but they all contain too much fruit for a diabetic.
Thanks for the one you did post. If you do find some and don't want to post on here you may PM me anytime.
Marge~Dove

Hey Lifter,
When you say 1 oz Vanilla, not extract, what are you talking about?
I'm only familiar with either vanilla beans or vanilla extract.
Is this a flavoring that you purchase at the grocery store?
John.

Wanted to thank the folks here for the recipes. Luvs, that soup sounds very good. Let me know when you receive your Magic Bullet & how you like it.

As much as I like smoothies, I'd like more recipes for healthy foods/recipes. I'll echo Dove's request, Luvs...if you have a chance, could you post the recipes for all of us here. Thanks in advance. Bet the Bullet will come with lots of good ideas.

I'd like to start by chopping & storing veggies & the like in zip lock bags in the freezer. Then, when I want to try a recipe, everything will be readily at hand (i.e. onions, green/red peppers, carrots, broccoli, cheeses etc.) Would like to keep it on the counter & make more use of this handy-dandy gadget. Below are a few ideas for uses.

cake mixes
puddings
salad dressing
dips
drinks
fruit smoothies
omelets (lotsa chopped veggies & cheese)
gravy
Quiche
icings
pancakes (& Potato/Zuchinni/carrot pancakes)
Muffin mixes
sandwich spreads
shakes
soups
guacamole
pesto
Coffe beans
Leftover salads (i.e. tuna or tuna & egg, egg salad, chicken etc.)
nut chopper, egg chopper, garlic chopper, homemade salsa maker and anytime juicer and blender

I dug up my old Farberware food processor cookbook & if anyone is interested I'll go thru & post some recipes. (Had my farberware for many years, & it finally died. Glad I kept the recipe book.)

Dove, Luvs, I'll post the names of the recipes that came with my power chopper. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd be happy to post the recipes.

Mango Pineapple Salsa
Salsa
Strawberry/Banana Smoothie
Very Berry Smoothie
Egg Salad
Hummus
Guacomole
Vegetable Omelet
Fresh Tomato Sauce
Frozen Pina Colada
Berry Sorbet
Berry Mousse
Pesto Pasta
Strawberry Pancake
Coffee Coolata
Chicken Noodle Soup
Left Over Chicken Salad
tuna Salad
Homemade Whipped Cream
Scrambled Eggs
Quesadellas
Think I may have Farberware recipes for Avocado Salsa, quiche, many good ones.

Let me know.

thanks, mish. the soup is yummy.
sure, i'll post the recipes. i get my gadget in late February. i just ordered it last night. well, my Mom ordered it for me. :D i'll post when it arrives.

thanks, mish. the soup is yummy.
sure, i'll post the recipes. i get my gadget in late February. i just ordered it last night. well, my Mom ordered it for me. :D i'll post when it arrives. i got two. i might give one to my Dad.

Thanks Luvs.

Forgot to mention coleslaw (a favorite of mine). Maybe add some chopped apples, oranges? Perhaps we could make potato salad or chop up some eggplant too. Glad I made the investment in a gadget I could, maybe, use on a daily basis. Again, let me know if you'd like me to post any of the simple recipes I mentioned. Dove, you too. (Waving at Dove.) Oh, there's an easy recipe for tuna patties. (Yes I know this is not gourmet stuff, but helps me n my hands to make everyday dishes in a flash, without, dicing, cutting, chopping.)

could you please post the tuna salad, the egg salad and the tomato sauce recipes, mish? thanks. :D

Absolutely...here ya go Luvs.

Egg salad
2 hard boiled eggs
1-2 tbl mayo
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 celery stalk

Add all ingred, press/process untild desired consistency. Thinking we could maybe sub celery w relish or chopped green peppers n onions. Maybe add a can of drained tuna?

Fresh Tomato Sauce
6-8 ripe vine plum tomatoes or 1 can plum tomatoes
1/4 cup dried basil
5 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
pinch of crushed red pepper
s&p to taste
1 tsp sugar
3 tbl olive oil

Chop garlic & shallots w chopper blade. Add tomatoes to blender. Press/process until desired consistency is reached. Less if you ike a real chunky sauce.

In lg saucepan add olive oil, garlic & shallots. Saute garlic & shallots on med heat. Add tomatoes & spices. Bring to boil. Add sugar. Cook on low at least 3 hrs. The longer the sauce cooks the better.

Tuna Salad
1 can tuna drained
1-2 tbl mayo
2 boiler onions or 1/4 med onion
s&p to taste

Add all to container attach chopper blade & press/process until desired consistency. I'd like to toss in some chopped green pepper or relish, maybe chopped hard boiled egg, maybe sun dried tomatoes. Or get real wild & add some shredded cheese. Lotsa ways to go.

Left Over Chicken Salad
1-1 1/2 c chicken w/o bones (cooked)
1-2 tbl mayo
1/4 red pepper or roasted red pepper
1/4 green pepper
s&p to taste

Add all to container w chopper blade & press/process until desired consistency.

Betcha we could make a shrimp or crab salad...whadda ya think. Maybe serve with some fresh melon slices. Think we could look around in the pantry, & just about add things we like as we go.

I would toss in some tomatoes (canned right now), green pepper, cucumber, spring onion, garlic, cilantro, a couple dashes of olive oil and some red wine vinegar for some great gazpacho!!! OOOOPS - and a fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and ribbed and of course salt and pepper.

I haven't done it yet but I think roasting a pablano pepper and then using that would be good too!

For actual amounts this is the recipe I use - this will give you an idea if you just want to make gazpacho for 2

10# peeled tomatoes (canned if you can't find good ones)
2# red pepper
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded
2# seeded cukes
1 bunch cilantro
black pepper
2 cups red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil

I make mine in the meat grinder of my Kitchen Aid. Just run everything through the grinder - finish with a slice of bread to remove all that's left - and it's done. I let it sit for about 3 hours if possible.

:) Hi Mish..
What I am looking for are healthy drinks...I'll put Protein Powder in them and "try" to get him to drink them. That is another problem..the Dr. has restricted his liquid intake to 4 cups a day. :(
Dove

Back
Top Bottom