"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 01-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Mixer/Chopper/Blender/Juicer Recipe Ideas?

Recently purchased a mixer/chopper/blender/juicer (similar to the Magic Bullet). Looking for some healthy recipes I can whip up. (The booklet that came with has a limited amount of recipes.) Any thoughts?

Old 01-22-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to masteraznchefjr
hmm my parents use a vita mixer and they also bought lots of healthy drink recpies book from taiwan (healthy drinks are the new thing to be crazy about there) One of them is you take carrots about 2 blend up with like 1 cup of water you take 1 whole lemon - peeled, 1 orange and like 3 apples and blend.

masteraznchefjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteraznchefjr
hmm my parents use a vita mixer and they also bought lots of healthy drink recpies book from taiwan (healthy drinks are the new thing to be crazy about there) One of them is you take carrots about 2 blend up with like 1 cup of water you take 1 whole lemon - peeled, 1 orange and like 3 apples and blend.
Thanks Master. Want to eat drink healthier in the new year. I posted a link for Licuados recipes under beverages, if anyone would like to take a look-see. Time to dust off & put all our cooking gadgets to good use.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

hiya mish,
we have a vitamixer as well, and make a lot of fruit squishies (smoothies to all you who don't watch the simpsons). put in ice, a little water or apple juice, honey and whatever fresh and ripe fruit you have around. we like bananas and mango or papaya, bananas and strawberries, raspberries and kiwi, etc.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Thanks BT!
I'm all for smoothies. On the Licuados site I posted (beverages), it's hard to resist those chocolate/peanut butter bananna/ice cream drinks. Keep these healthy recipes coming.

I've been poking around & found a bunch of interesting recipes. The cream of broccoli soup. smoked salmon bisque, espresso mousse & salmon salad w avocado vinaigrette look mighty good.

http://www.oster.com/recipeslist.asp...;name=Blenders
Old 01-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #6
Senior Cook

We have a juicer and the kids like to make apple/ginger juice. Two apples and about a half inch fresh ginger.

Pam
Old 01-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #7
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Im with Pam. Apple ginger is great!
Old 01-22-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Leavy
We have a juicer and the kids like to make apple/ginger juice. Two apples and about a half inch fresh ginger.

Pam
Thanks Pam. You must have read my mind. When I read BT's recipes, wanted to say...bet a little ginger would give those smoothies an extra kick.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #9

Here's a smoothie recipe for you to get started with Mish!

2 large "juice oranges", peeled

1 small kiwi, peeled

3 medium/large strawberries

1 green banana, peeled

3 ice cubes

1 oz vanilla (NOT vanilla extract!)

2-3 oz yoghurt

1 tablespoon honey

Blend together until "smooth"...

Enjoy!

(Have never tried this with ginger, and don't think I'd want to... on occaision, can substitute vanilla ice cream for the yoghurt)
Old 01-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #10
Master Chef

i'm getting the mag. bul. tonite. i was so bored in the hospital that i came up with a huge list of things to make with it. here are some of them. some were thier ideas, some were mine.
-guacamole
-smoothies
-pesto sauce
-salsa
-bean dip
-hummus
-carrot curry soup (1 small bag boiled baby carrots, shallots sauteed in olive oil, sauteed garlic, seasalt, white pepper, green curry paste. puree till smooth if it has a blender attachment.) *i forgot to add this ingreadient :o : whisk in heavy cream while heating after blending!*
-nut butters (add a flavor-neutral oil to help blend)
-applesauce (boil apples w/ cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar, or splenda, puree)
-mince spinach for home made pasta (cook and drain a box of frozen spinach; squeeze through clean, well-rinsed dishtowel till as dry as possible, then mince.