"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 09-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #61
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Oh, Adillo, what I would do to have a Robot Coupe! We used them at school and at the catering company (the one I apprenticed at, not my own). They are wonderful AND expensive. At the caterers we would have tons of bread ends so if I had time at the end of the week I would use it to make the best bread crumbs!

I had been looking at restaurant auctions for one for awhile and may still go that route someday.

As for french fry disks, mine (not a Kitchenaid) has one and it actually produces short curly fries, not long straight ones. I don't know how the Kitchenaid would fair on that.
As I said on another thread, I have a robot coupe r2 [albeit used] that I bought for $50 at a used restaurant supply store.

I have noticed when I used my smaller 7, 11, 14 qt cuisinarts, I always seemed to run out of space for what I was making in quanity. I love the power and the capacity and the food chute on the robot coupe.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #62
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
The REAL question is: Will it be a tool or a gadget?
I'd say now it is a tool. 30 years ago when the came out they were more of a gadget , but they are now use so widely and so common place I'd say they are a tool.