"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 11-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Need Help Picking out 2 Appliances

Never did I think a simple can opener would be that much trouble. Everybody here, hates thier electric can opener if it is a new one, only the old ones seem to be no problems. The new ones operate, if you get it placed correctly (15 or 20 minutes) but the old ones, you just stick it up and it opens them. Any suggestions on an electric one?

You can cook food any way you choose, as long as it is fried. Ok, I do steam a lot. Baking is for bread, cakes, pies and cookies only. Highly opinionated, I know-- but I am a picky eater, and I live to eat and cook.

I have need of a multiuse electric pan and was considering the circulon 12 in round electric. I will be mostly frying and stir fry. I need to keep the number of appliances down to a minimum due to the space that I have.
Thank you very much for your patience

Anyone with ways to use honey, I just looked and I have 71 gallons.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Head Chef

I have a "Gizmo" can opener and I like it very much. It's small and stores in a drawer.

I've had my electric frying pan so long I'm terrified of it's death - wouldn't know what to look for!

2 in Or

Old 11-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Why, oh why, does anyone have 71 gallons of honey?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:21 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne
Why, oh why, does anyone have 71 gallons of honey?
Smile, because they have a lot of bee hives. Russian and Italian Bees. I give honey to the elderly, also some beef and ham.

We will be butchering next weekend- its gotten cold enough now. The kids are not very happy.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:36 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindatooo
I have a "Gizmo" can opener and I like it very much. It's small and stores in a drawer.

I've had my electric frying pan so long I'm terrified of it's death - wouldn't know what to look for!

2 in Or
I have a Black and decker gizmo also but I have been caught discharged a couple of times.

I will let you know about the frypan, I will not have a stove top but will have two stacked built-in ovens. I will also have a hot plate.