Nesco 18 Quart Roast Air Convection Oven Fan Blade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albert01

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I'm looking for a fan blade for a Nesco 18 Quart Roast Air Convection Oven.

The fan motor shaft is ~0.25 inches diameter with a flat side which appears the fan snaps on or uses a set-screw on the flat side of the motor shaft.

Nesco no longer carry replacement fan blade. When I asked for dimensions of the fan blade Nesco replied only the 12 and 18 quart fan blades are not the same. I'm not certain what they mean by "not the same".

I'm thinking I can modify a fan blade to fit the fan motors 0.25" shaft and the areas where the fan fits close to the lid which I estimate is from ~2 to ~3 inches.

Perhaps someone here in the forum has a Nesco Air-Convection roaster oven and can provide some fan blade dimensions?

Pic of a Nesco convection roaster oven motor and fan. The motor appears exactly the same as my fan motor.

s-l400.jpg

here's a pic of the motor and shaft, however my fan motor shaft is round with part of one side flat.

s-l1600.jpg

Nesco e-mail replied about their convection roaster oven fan blades.

"Because we are the only supplier for our roaster old parts, there is no part # that would link it with any other company's fan blades. The fan blade measures 4" diameter, with holes in 3on the backside of the fins and a clip in the center of the front side of it. The last 12 qt. roast air we made 4842-47 was just discontinued this year, has a completely different motor, was square & not rectangle as the old ones for 6 qt, 12 qt & 18 qt roasters. The fan blade is approx. 3" and will not work with the older models."

Maybe watch garage sales and thrift shops Albert?
As you know, most of the Roasters don't even have a convection fan lid and they work just fine without them.

Maybe watch garage sales and thrift shops Albert?
As you know, most of the Roasters don't even have a convection fan lid and they work just fine without them.

Yeah I know that but purchased this one from eBay only because of it's convection capabilities. It does help to cook a little faster and helps with some bakes where e.g. a turkey or chicken may become too moist.

Anyway I wanted to try the convection version, but I guess it wasn't a big enough seller as Nesco discontinued both the 18 and 12 quart versions. I don't know of any other roaster ovens that include a convection fan.

Some sellers on eBay were asking and some getting more than a conventional roaster ovens are selling for.

It is my mistake the fan is missing. I mistakenly threw out the fan along with the packaging paper and packing box the roaster oven came in.

The seller must have placed the fan (and not the motor or other items) in the white paper packaging which I threw out in a dumpster that was picked up before I realized the fan was missing, as I waited several days before checking out the roaster.

I suppose I should have just left it in the packing box until I had the time to inspect more carefully.

Back
Top Bottom