Nesco Roasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
Does anyone use a Nesco Roaster? I am interested in what size, 4,6,12 quarts, are there any draw backs to them? They seem like a souped up crock pot to me, but I remember my mother using it as I was growing up.

Pork Recipe for 18QT Nesco Roaster

:chef:
Hi everyone....I just purchased an 18qt Nesco Roaster and I am very excited to make my first roast in it but I am not sure of the roasting times or is there is any special way I need to prepare the roast before putting it into the roaster. Also may I place vegetables on the bottom as I do with a regular roaster? Does anyone have any mouth watering, yummy pork loin recipes for the Nesco? I am roasting approx. 10lb roast for 22 people along with a 22lb Roast Turkey. Thanksgiving obviously.

I would greatly appreciate all suggestions and advice. Make it a wonderful day....:rolleyes:

Peace and Harmony....Joy

TayloredOne said:
:chef:
Hi everyone....I just purchased an 18qt Nesco Roaster and I am very excited to make my first roast in it but I am not sure of the roasting times or is there is any special way I need to prepare the roast before putting it into the roaster. Also may I place vegetables on the bottom as I do with a regular roaster? Does anyone have any mouth watering, yummy pork loin recipes for the Nesco? I am roasting approx. 10lb roast for 22 people along with a 22lb Roast Turkey. Thanksgiving obviously.

I would greatly appreciate all suggestions and advice. Make it a wonderful day....:rolleyes:

Peace and Harmony....Joy

Hi!! Glad to hear that you've bought a Nesco Roaster!

I have no specific suggested cooking times for it, but I'd say use it as you would your regular oven with the temp set at 350 maybe. And yes, veggies
around the roast wouldn't hurt either. Happy roasting!!:chef:

~Corey123.

My mom had one when I was growing up. I toyed with bringing it home when we broke up their household, but had no place to put it. Use it as you would your oven. I remember some awesome Thanksgiving turkeys coming out of there! That was before the days of two or more ovens per household, and it freed up the oven we did have for the pies, rolls and other baked goods! :D

Enjoy!

We had a 6 qt. Nesco and a 10 qt Well-Built.
The thing I didn't like about the 6 qt. Nesco is that it didn't brown a chicken very well when I used it for roasting a whole chicken and because it had a metal liner it didn't work that well as a slow cooker either.

The 10 qt worked better for roasting.

I would recommend the 12 qt size Nesco.

Corey123 said:
I very seldom see Wellbuilt appliances now.

Sounds like a namebrand that has now faded in the dust.

I think we bought it at K-Mart.

I bought it from my mom who really liked her 6 qt. Nesco but due to circumstances we kept it.

It worked OK but we didn't use it that much so we donated it to the kitchen at our church.

Back
Top Bottom