"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 12-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Head Chef

New KitchenAid 6-qt. Stand Mixer for $47.41!

My wife and I were reading the Los Angeles Times with our coffee Wednesday morning when I spotted a Macy's ad for three KitchenAid stand mixers on sale:
  • the 4.5-quart Classic, regular $299.99 for $199.99 with a $20 mail-in rebate
  • the 5-quart Artisan, regular $399.99 with a $20 mail-in rebate
  • and the 6-quart Professional, regular $499.99 for $99.99 with a $50 mail-in rebate!
My wife said, "LET'S GO!" I said, "Nah, they'll never honor it -- it must be a misprint."

But we went and they did -- we simply showed them the ad, and the housewares manager said, "OMG! Well, somebody made a mistake, but you'll get it for that price." Plus she gave us another $10 off due to some other promo. Amazing!

So we're are now the proud owners of a shiny new 575-watt, 6-quart, top-of-the-line KitchenAid KP26M1X Pearl Metallic Stand Mixer.

Final price: $47.41, plus the cost of a stamp to send in the rebate form.

It pays to pay attention to the ads in the paper, and it never hurts to ask.

Now, who's ready for 13 dozen chocolate chip cookies?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Scotch, you sure lucked out! I would have bought 2 at that price.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Head Chef

What a deal!

Even I, who prefer a vintage KA mixer would have bought several at THAT price.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Good score! Glad somebody was paying attention. Think of all the cookie and cake ingredients you can buy with the money you saved!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Woo hoo, you scored!! I really hope that (after you got yours, of course) you called everyone you know who might be interested so they could grab that deal, too!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
Master Chef

I will PM you my address for those cookies!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
Master Chef

my oh my, i was going to drop the work and run where ever it was to get one. for that price wow.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Man that is a screamin' deal Scotch! Have to agree with marigene, I would have bought a couple as well.

Now do yourself a favor and check out the "sideswipe" mixer paddle! Best 30$ I ever spent!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Great deal! I got my mixer last year for Christmas and I'm sure hubby paid a lot more! But it's red and I LOVE IT!!

PS: Send some of those cookies my way would ya? lol
Old 12-16-2008, 02:50 AM   #10
Assistant Cook

Last year I got that at a $200 steal, but you did even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
My wife and I were reading the Los Angeles Times with our coffee Wednesday morning when I spotted a Macy's ad for three KitchenAid stand mixers on sale:
  • the 4.5-quart Classic, regular $299.99 for $199.99 with a $20 mail-in rebate
  • the 5-quart Artisan, regular $399.99 with a $20 mail-in rebate
  • and the 6-quart Professional, regular $499.99 for $99.99 with a $50 mail-in rebate!
My wife said, "LET'S GO!" I said, "Nah, they'll never honor it -- it must be a misprint."

But we went and they did -- we simply showed them the ad, and the housewares manager said, "OMG! Well, somebody made a mistake, but you'll get it for that price." Plus she gave us another $10 off due to some other promo. Amazing!

So we're are now the proud owners of a shiny new 575-watt, 6-quart, top-of-the-line KitchenAid KP26M1X Pearl Metallic Stand Mixer.

Final price: $47.41, plus the cost of a stamp to send in the rebate form.

It pays to pay attention to the ads in the paper, and it never hurts to ask.

Now, who's ready for 13 dozen chocolate chip cookies?

Last year I got that at a $200 "steal" when Kohls matched a price at Linens in Things and then gave me $50 in bonus bucks back!, but you did even better! The 600 pro mixers once retailed for $599.00 plus tax and Shipping from KITCHENAID!

I bought some extra stuff, an extra bowl, from an Ebay dealer and the small "combo-whip"-- the smaller bowl with small whipper attachments (FOr doing meringues and eggs easier) at William Sonoma.

I have the special sized spatulas that fit the bowls. And the plastic guard that keeps the flour inside the bowl when you pour.

Well, I needed a cover to cover the whole thing, minus one big bowl of course, but the rest is all layered. So, I knitted a crazy-multicolored cover with a side pocket and big buttons to hang measuring spoons from. I need to take a photo, but it really works well. Covers it all beautifully. My mixer is Licorice black, and the cover is every color that Joann's sold in Cotton yarn!!!!

ENJOY!

Tags
kitchenaid, mixer, stand mixer