New Oven works great!...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
But my camera is not!
I wanted to share a "virtual" batch of cookies with everyone after I broke in my new oven this morning, for putting up with listening to me ramble about it for weeks now...
But my computer will not recognize my camera when I plug it in to get the pics out!
I'll keep trying, and thanks everyone for your putting up with me!
:angel:

Ok, grab some milk and have a spritz....
Dead camera battery. Duh.
I think they are ok, just judging by faces.

Attachments

• IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 166
Beautiful kids, yummy cookies, stove hidden under cookie sheets. What kind is it and what do you do with the center burner.

Thank you! It's a Kenmore. My Christmas present from Mom and MIL.
It's a long oval burner, and they bought me a griddle that fits over it.
Otherwise it's nice for making gravys in the roasting pan, but I never make it that way. I suppose I could start now though....

Thank you! It's a Kenmore. My Christmas present from Mom and MIL.
It's a long oval burner, and they bought me a griddle that fits over it.
Otherwise it's nice for making gravys in the roasting pan, but I never make it that way. I suppose I could start now though....

Sounds great. Congrats and good luck.

Yeah, happy holidays, and I hope that you, your husband and the kids have many, many years of good service with your new stove! I'm about to make some cookies myself!

Last edited:
I am so happy for you, great looking stove, yummy cookies and beautiful children a well needed and great Christmas present ! Congrats !!

I was afraid it wasn't going to get here... while it was in the front of the house!
The guys missed the house and tried to back up into the driveway..... which can't be done with a truck from that direction. The poor little guys barely spoke english, and got the truck stuck in the snow out in our ditch! They tried using some firewood, then I told them if they wait an hour my DH could tow them out with his semi when he got home. The poor guys had to call a tow truck and pay for it themselves til they were reimbursed!! Of course DH got home 15 min after they finally left. I offered them coffee and soda. I wanted to make them dinner but I had no stove!!!!

Congrats suzi, I'm glad you finally got you stove. It looks almost like mine (mines stainless). Beautiful little ones by the way and I think they loved the cookies. Enjoy your new stove!!!!!!

Thank you Mikki,
I hope your days have been better this week.

MUCH BETTER this week!!!! I have an interview at one of the big hotels in town on Friday and I am determined to get this job!!!!!!!

I kinda wanted the stainless, but it was a gift and I wasn't about to be picky. It's too much of a gift as it is!

Now that I have the SS (my whole kitchen) I almost would rather have the black. The finger prints and smudges are hard to keep off of them and I don't have little kids.

Thosw cookies look good. Do you want to come check my stove out. It is practicaly new, only 5-6 month. And looks just like yours.

Really??
That's why I wanted the stainless...... of course my kids could be fresh from the tub after I clean the whole house, and they could print something.
I didn't pick white because it showed dirt so fast, but I found today the black may just show faster! Every teeny cookie crumb!!! Oh well. gives me something to do, cuz Lord knows I am bored all day.........

Thosw cookies look good. Do you want to come check my stove out. It is practicaly new, only 5-6 month. And looks just like yours.

How 'bout I just bake the cookies here first...
You see those 2 "angels" ???
Looks ARE decieving. There is a reason I always have a bottle of Brandy around.

There is a 3rd child, but I like that one because he isn't here much when he is in school. :ohmy: That was a bad thing to say!
I am really just kidding, I love my children like nothing else.
But in the end, Charlie, I am embarrassed to bring them anywhere. And I bring them everywhere.

Last edited:
This is mine,Micro is the worst, the black does show crumbs,but I find I easier to clean, soap and water. I have SS cleaner, but after I wipe grease or whatever off ,then spray with stuff hubby said would work it seems to smear and leave smudges.Maybe its the SS cleaner I have any suggestions with a kind that works?

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 162
I used to work for a company that sold a great one.... but you can't buy it for home use.
However if you get the job at the hotel you may be able to get it thru them, but I haven't talked to anyone there in 2 years so I don't know if they still have it. It's sold by Ecolab called Stainless Steel Cleaner and its an aerosol. I used to know a salesman in Buffalo area, Depew I think? I should call him......
Otherwise I've found you can clean anything nicely with a glass cleaner w/ ammonia.
But ONLY clean that well if YOU want it that clean, not if "someone else" is telling you it has to be that clean!!!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom