New stove - learning curve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu

Senior Cook
I have a new stove and I have been learning to adjust to it. Is it normal to have to keep adjusting the heat to keep what is going on in the pan the same? It seems with the old stove i didnt have to do much adjusting.
THX.

Is it electric or gas? Yes if it is electric. The burners are new and tend to burn hotter at first. The wattage of your burners may be higher than your old stove.

Gas.... The holes can get clogged over time with burnt food or grease and thereby will burn cooler as time passes. The BTUs may be higher with your new stove.

Also, you are going through a learning phase with your new stove. Happy Cooking. Do let us know about all those new dishes you are going to be preparing. :angel:

Yes it is normal to go through a learning phase with a new appliance. There may be new technology used in the the stove that changes the way the burners heat up. You didn't have to do much adjusting with the old stove because you "knew" how to work it the way you wanted. You will adjust and learn the quirks of the new stove in time and then won't have to do much fiddling. Congrats on the new stove. Hope you enjoy it.

I've just moved to a new apartment and noticed that here the flame on my gas burners run higher than my old place. Needless to say I've had a couple of issues at first! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom