Ninja Food Processors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I have to order a food processor/smoothie maker and have it at home before Mr.Munky is released from the hospital.

His dietary needs require that his food be shredded, lots of smoothies,diced veggies.So it also had to be able to crush ice. My blender now can't do that job. Will this one be ok. If not would you mind directing me to something that will suit his needs?

I'm having meetings today with his Dietician, and O/T to have things that he's going to need bought,ready, and installed before he comes home.

They will be coming in for an in home evaluation.

I'm looking at this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Kitche...21&keywords=blenders+for+smoothies+heavy+duty

Thank you.

Munky Badger.

Hi Munky...I read most of the reviews and it sounds like this is an excellent choice. There ia a Pro model without the food processor for $115. But, I suspect you will want the food processor, too!

Holler at me if you need help with pureed foods, mechanical soft, etc. BethZaring is a good resource, too!

Hi Munky...I read most of the reviews and it sounds like this is an excellent choice. There ia a Pro model without the food processor for $115. But, I suspect you will want the food processor, too!

Holler at me if you need help with pureed foods, mechanical soft, etc. BethZaring is a good resource, too!

Hiya,

I'm on the fence with this whole idea.Food processor's and I just don't get along.Every time I've bought one that said it would do as it was described,they didn't.They've never last more than a few months. I'd hate to waste money, especially like the cost of this one, just to have another one bite the dust.

I already have a K/A that can do the shredding. But now were talking more little things to clean.

As far as the help goes.
ABSOLUTELY!! On everything. But keeping this on topic. I'll just drop down into the sections provided here at DC and have a look around.

I'm lost...His whole life has changed. I need to buck up, keep smiling.
Feed him what he needs.

My first food processor lasted for 20 years. My second for ten years now. These are the larger ones. I have a couple smaller ones too. Those break much more easily.

For smoothies and really grinding stuff superfine, esp frozen stuff, I swear by my MAGIC BULLIT. Awesome machine!

I bought that Ninja.Plus a smoothie book to get me started.
Maybe I should have checked it out before I bought it.But eh, couldn't be bothered at the time. Had other things to do.

His Dietician was very impressed by it. I just hope this one and I will get along a little better than it's last predecessors did.:ermm:

Do you have a regular blender? If so, see if the bottom will attached to a mason jar. The one I have does and we use it all the time like you would a bullet. Works great and cheap. I use quart jars down to 1/2 pints for some salad dressings.

*** If so, see if the bottom will attached to a mason jar. *** Works great and cheap. I use quart jars down to 1/2 pints for some salad dressings.

I had forgotten about that! Thank you for reminding me.

I need to make several small things and wasn't looking forward to rinsing/washing between blendings.

Do you have a regular blender? If so, see if the bottom will attached to a mason jar. The one I have does and we use it all the time like you would a bullet. Works great and cheap. I use quart jars down to 1/2 pints for some salad dressings.
I just checked, and my old Oster blender will fit a mason jar. I never would have thought to try this. Thanks!!

Fabulous tip! I never knew this and sure enough, my dusty blender fits a mason jar opening. It might get used a bit more now ;)

Our shower gift blender (Hamilton Beach?) not only came with the standard glass pitcher, but also had two plastic containers/lids for storing a finished blend. One was roughly mason jar sized, the other probably would have held a good amount (36? 42?) ounces of something - something like a smoothie before smoothies were cool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom