No crock-pot...suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On crockpots, you can use the stove (remember to stir) or the oven.
Just make sure the pan you use is for either the stove or the oven.
Never put a corning ware casserole dish on a burner.
Well you can, but your hard of hearing neighbors and the ones across the way will come running to make sure you are ok. You will also spend the next few weeks finding little glass shards.
Good luck and do check the thrift stores.

On crockpots, you can use the stove (remember to stir) or the oven.
Just make sure the pan you use is for either the stove or the oven.
Never put a corning ware casserole dish on a burner.
Well you can, but your hard of hearing neighbors and the ones across the way will come running to make sure you are ok. You will also spend the next few weeks finding little glass shards.
Good luck and do check the thrift stores.
Yes I heard about exploding Corning ware and it can be a big mess , I know somebody that had put a ham in a Corning ware and she decided to put a cold liquid in a hot dish well guess what happened........? BiG mess in the oven and everywhere and no supper , she was okay though .

Yes I heard about exploding Corning ware and it can be a big mess , I know somebody that had put a ham in a Corning ware and she decided to put a cold liquid in a hot dish well guess what happened........? BiG mess in the oven and everywhere and no supper , she was okay though .
Pyrex will break if you put cold liquid in the hot dish but luckily it doesn't explode like corning ware.
Now you also know someone that exploded corning ware on a stove.
Luckily the only thing other than the dish that got hurt was pride.

Pyrex will break if you put cold liquid in the hot dish but luckily it doesn't explode like corning ware.
Now you also know someone that exploded corning ware on a stove.
Luckily the only thing other than the dish that got hurt was pride.

Pyrex will also break if you put a cool 9x13 cake pan on a hot oven stone. I used to keep my baking stone in the oven all the time, until that happened. The pan wasn't refrigerator cold, just had country style ribs in it to pre-cook before finishing them on the grill.

THe Moroccan-style short ribs we had last night were actually a slow cooker recipe that I just did in the oven at 350 for about 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom