"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 04-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #11
Senior Cook

That has been brought up in reviews. I can deal with it. They also say that the knobs get hot because of the heat coming form the back of the oven. I can deal with that, too.

I know that I will not be buying the best. I believe that I'll be buying the best for me. I'd happily look at alternatives if any of y'all will send me a link to them. I like to compare.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
...I will buy this. Not the best, I know but an excellent quality range for the price. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag46632-20#Ask
Looks similar to my GE Adora 5 burner gas range, which I like a lot.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:18 AM   #13
Master Chef

That's a beauty of a stove, Liz, but if you buy from Amazon, make sure all the information matches up. The header for this says "gas", but the points below mention "electric range with smoothtop black ceramic glass cooking surface" even though the photo shows gas burners. Someone had better tell 1 Stop Camera and Appliances that you can't have it both ways - at least not in this model.

Have fun saving up the money for this new toy. I think when you save for something you want, it makes the item all that more special. We're pretty much the "don't need it, but if we do, we don't need it until we have the $$$" kind of people, too.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
That's a beauty of a stove, Liz, but if you buy from Amazon, make sure all the information matches up. The header for this says "gas", but the points below mention "electric range with smoothtop black ceramic glass cooking surface" even though the photo shows gas burners. Someone had better tell 1 Stop Camera and Appliances that you can't have it both ways - at least not in this model.

Have fun saving up the money for this new toy. I think when you save for something you want, it makes the item all that more special. We're pretty much the "don't need it, but if we do, we don't need it until we have the $$$" kind of people, too.

I noticed that too, but somebody asked the question and it is gas. Don't worry, I will make super sure before I order.

I remembered that I used to have an Amazon card but I never used it. So when they sent me a new one after the old one had expired I broke it in half and threw it away. I thought, why have two credit cards? My Master Card is just fine. I called Chase bank and they're going to send me a new one. I apologized to the lady on the phone for doing a stupid thing. Of course, it's her job to make me feel happy. She said that I wasn't stupid.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #15
Master Chef

Yes, it does look similar to the matching GE Adora gas ranges that both Rick and we have. Adora is a good name for it and I do. You may want to consider it as it's in the same price range. I couldn't ask for more.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Is that the one that costs over $2,000? If so, it's too rich for my blood. If not, please post a link with reviews. I haven't been able to find anything.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:07 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
Is that the one that costs over $2,000? If so, it's too rich for my blood. If not, please post a link with reviews. I haven't been able to find anything.
Good grief no Liz. I'd never pay that much for a stove either. We bought a package of GE appliances a couple years ago and the stove was less than a $1,000 as I remember from H.D.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:51 PM   #18
Senior Cook

I watched the video then looked it up on Home Depot where there were too many unfavorable reviews to make me comfortable. Besides, my last oven that I bought due to it's looks, was a piece of junk and it was made by GE. The outer panel of the oven door fell off and and the bottom panel on the oven has spots that have rusted through. It is 8 years old but still, is that not an abomination?

I will look at it next time I go to home depot. I just called my appliance man to pick his brain but he was in the middle of a job. He told me to call him back later and he'd be happy to help me.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't go by online reviews that much. People who are unhappy are more motivated, and more likely, to complain than satisfied customers are to express that.

A guy I used to work with told me that when he was in the market for a large purchase, he would get a one-month online subscription to Consumer Reports to see what they had to say. I think that's a good idea.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #20
Master Chef

Well, all the online reviews I read about my stove convinced me to buy it. Most reviews I read were at least 4 stars. I myself, after using it for a good while would give it 5 stars, if that means anything.

That's a good idea GG. When you're ready to buy get a one month subscription to Consumer Reports.