Note to self....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
...and a warning to would-be purchasers. Do not buy a beautiful shiny black cooker.

I do keep on top of my Kitchen hygiene but also have a once a month blitz when I clean cupboard doors and get in the nooks and crannies. Just gave the cooker its once over and the dust! - My dears!

The hob shows every mark too. I find myself cleaning it when I've only boiled some pasta and I don't stroke my beautiful shiny black beast lovingly any more 'cos it leaves finger marks!

I'm quite depressed at how domesticated I'm getting in my old age!

(The rest of the house is a shambles so there's probably hope for me yet.)

MC the Domestic Goddess (not!)

...and a warning to would-be purchasers. Do not buy a beautiful shiny black cooker.

I do keep on top of my Kitchen hygiene but also have a once a month blitz when I clean cupboard doors and get in the nooks and crannies. Just gave the cooker its once over and the dust! - My dears!

The hob shows every mark too. I find myself cleaning it when I've only boiled some pasta and I don't stroke my beautiful shiny black beast lovingly any more 'cos it leaves finger marks!

I'm quite depressed at how domesticated I'm getting in my old age!

(The rest of the house is a shambles so there's probably hope for me yet.)

MC the Domestic Goddess (not!)
Completely agree with you MC. We had stainless and didn't like it because it was always finger printed or water splattered from the dogs. The last house we had black and the same thing.
We have now reverted back to white. Mrs D is once again a happy camper...err.....chef.:rolleyes:

I have always gone for the bright colors myself. My kitchens have always been blue or yellow. I once decided to make my main color copper. Mostly wall hangings. I even had wallpaper to small copper kitchen items throughout the pattern. Don't ever go copper unless you want to spend the rest of your life in the kitchen cleaning and cleaning. :angel:

As far as appliances and kitchen tools go I've always been in the white camp. Never cared for trendy appliance colors. Guess that's because I lived with coppertone, avocado green and harvest gold for too many years, not by my choice.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty much a "bold" colors person with my attire but my home has always been decorated in somewhat muted, restful tones. The only real color in our kitchen is the watercolor-like wallpaper on the few walls available and a few accent decor pieces.

I can't imagine I'd ever choose black anything, especially an appliance. Black cars have to be a bear to maintain. Ugh!

Thankfully I am not a domestic god. There's a time savings for ya and if I seldom clean my bifocals what I do not see -- does not exist.

I have White appliances. They are not better than black. I agree its possible things bubble over on the stove. How does a slow burble tomato sauce suddenly leave a Wide range of orange and red surrounding the burner WHen Nothing was allowed to boil. And if you don't clean it up, never mind making the stove look spotless, it gets baked on and then it becomes structually difficult to clean. And no, it's not part of the architecture. Don't ask me how I know this.

I have miles of counter tops. I can start at the spice cupboard shake and pour a few herbs on a plate, kept distinctively separate for adding to a dish "just so" when needed, work my way over to the frig, and finally back along to the mixing bowl and to the stove. Logical sequence. Nothing spillled along the way yet there is a noticeable trail of events.

It took awhile until I learned a wet sponge is your friend and I keep a roll of paper towels at the beginning and another roll on a spindle near the end of my trek. I catch myselfe coming or going. It's the only way it works for me.

I think I keep my Grill outside cleaner than my kitchen. I so dislike burnt food particles from previous events. Immmediate clean up, most grilled things say let rest a few minutes anyway. Clean again before the next cook while the grill heats up. Soemthing boiled over in the microwave, who knew. Steam up a cup of hot water to soften the surface and it will wipe off easier. But who knew when it originally occured. It wasn's me, darn cats playing again.

Fingerprints. Pfft. I admit my breville personal pie baker does not allow fingey marks. But that's about the only thing. It's currently in a cupbaord next to the stove. I think it's lonesome.

ooh Katie. We once rented a first floor duplex. LL bought the place for their daughter, thought they as parents would live downstairs. Young daughter had a better idea than this notion and said she would move if parents breathed another word about living there too. Parents felt they were helpless in events, Well there's good-bad parenting for you and they, the parents, had a perfectly wonderful house from the get go.

Anyway, they remodelled the dwelling. We got to pick out New appliances. Avocado Green. Also high buck deep pile shag carpets. Well , the carpet hid all the burn marks left from our many all night parties. And the kitchen was huge and it was a gas stove, so that's a plus for a rental property. Good size back yard for keggers too. Not the same meaning in today's vernacular. Friends with benefits. I guess we were young.

All my major appliances, and a couple of minor ones, are black ;) Fingerprints don't bother me. I keep a spray bottle of 1/3 lemon juice, 1/3 white vinegar and 1/3 water under the sink, spray as needed, and wipe them down. No biggie.

Attachments

• DSC08802.jpg
    DSC08802.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 256
It's not a museum, it's a workplace. Stuff happens here. If spots and spills bother you, stay out of my kitchen. I clean up my messes but I don't detail my kitchen.

It's not a museum, it's a workplace. Stuff happens here. If spots and spills bother you, stay out of my kitchen. I clean up my messes but I don't detail my kitchen.

++1

Yes a kitchen should be clean, as in not a breeding ground for germs, but it doesn't need to look like a showroom. A kitchen is a work room, and it should reflect that.

Mine would be different if I could just convince my wife. She is a person who feels that anything left out on the counter is nothing more than a failure to properly organize. Everything must be in a drawer or behind closed doors. Functional placement is a foreign concept to her. :(

All my major appliances, and a couple of minor ones, are black ;) Fingerprints don't bother me. I keep a spray bottle of 1/3 lemon juice, 1/3 white vinegar and 1/3 water under the sink, spray as needed, and wipe them down. No biggie.
nice kitchen garlic!!my galley is about as big as your oven on the right hand side....hang on,is that a fingerprint i see:rolleyes:;):LOL:!!

phew,that's a relief.you must have noticed the encrustation around the base of my hob plates in some of my pics:rolleyes:.the great thing is that no matter what i'm making,as soon as i turn on the heat,the whole kitchen fills up with the aroma of cooking bacon....odd that,what what what:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:!!

...the great thing is that no matter what i'm making,as soon as i turn on the heat,the whole kitchen fills up with the aroma of cooking bacon....odd that,what what what:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:!!

Heat activated air freshener. Sounds exactly right for a kitchen.

Fingerprints AREN'T part of kitchen decor? :ermm: And I'll admit that there is a fine, protective coating of dust on the top of my very tall refrigerator. Since I'm not expecting Kyrie Irving for dinner, I'll ignore the dust.

I keep the sink and the main work area of my counter immaculate, scrubbing with Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach if there is any chance of food actually migrating from the cutting board to the counter, and ALWAYS after working with meats because the juices have a way of getting around.

Also like to clean as I go. If we're having a dinner with any amount of simmer time, by the time the food is ready to eat all I need to clean up after dinner is the one pot and our plates. :)

After that, anyone wants it cleaner......be my guest!

That says it all. :LOL:

As Andy stated. "It's a workplace". It needs to be clean but if anything good comes out of it you need to accept a little mess due to use.

I do a lot of kitchen remodels and have installed many "Show" kitchens. If water is boiled in them it's lucky. The only way to keep a kitchen perfect is not to use it. And that's a shame. :(

Use your resources and don't sweat the small stuff. :)

Oh, And anyone who wants my kitchen cleaner and takes the time to do so. Take a look at the Bathroom while you're at it and I'm sure you'll find something you feel the need to clean. ;)

Go ahead. I won't stop you. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom