NuWave Oven Pro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techson5

Assistant Cook
Hello,

Wondering if any one has experiences with the NuWave Oven Pro? I have seen it on TV a couple of times and wonder how good it really is, besides all that were claimed on the infomercial.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, ideas, suggestions.
John

Hi Techson5,

Welcome to the boards. I actually have never heard of this product, but I am sure someone here will have some info for you. I am going to move your post into the Cookware and Accessories section of the board. More people will see it that way so hopefully someone will chime in soon with an answer.

Heh Techson...I am not familiar with that brand specifically but there are many on the market that are the same roasting principal. The biggest thing you will find with this style of oven is that is a very "moist" heat as it almost "steams" the product till it is done. This is okay as long as you are not a big fan of crispy skin....it can also be a little light when it comes to the colour of the final roasted product. I have looked the convenience factor of this style of oven and have always changed my mind as I am not convinced that the clean up will be as convenient. Hang tight and lots of others will give you a different perspective. Hope you hang in here with us, this is a great forum for opinions, recipes and of course humor.Pst 8)

Nu Wave Oven

Au contraire. An air current blows around the meat, and it produces a very crispy skin. To me the big advantage is speed. Combining a conventional oven, a convection oven, and infrared heat, it cooks food from a frozen state. No defrosting is a good thing. I just seasoned and cooked a frozen salmon steak to perfection, cooking time 12 minutes starting with a completely frozen steak.

I bought a "Flavorwave" oven about a year ago. I guess it's just like the Nuwave. I have only used it a few times, and am very disappointed with cooking roast beef in it. I followed the directions, using a plastic cooking bag, but it just didn't get as tender as I like.

However, I have used it for chicken and I think the chicken turns out really good. If anyone posting on here has any tips for that type of oven maybe we can start a thread? (If there isn't already one started - I'm brand new here). Seeing as I spent a lot of $ on this thing, I would really like to use it more than I do.

Cleanup IS really quite easy, but if you want to put it in the dishwasher (the washable parts only) be prepared to run a load of ONLY that - it takes up a lot of room! It's just as easy to wash by hand, dry, put back together and then put away :).

I need to know the cooking time for pork ribs cooked in the Hamilton Beach Roaster oven. Can anyone help, please?

I bought a "Flavorwave" oven about a year ago. I guess it's just like the Nuwave. I have only used it a few times, and am very disappointed with cooking roast beef in it. I followed the directions, using a plastic cooking bag, but it just didn't get as tender as I like.

However, I have used it for chicken and I think the chicken turns out really good. If anyone posting on here has any tips for that type of oven maybe we can start a thread? (If there isn't already one started - I'm brand new here). Seeing as I spent a lot of $ on this thing, I would really like to use it more than I do.

Cleanup IS really quite easy, but if you want to put it in the dishwasher (the washable parts only) be prepared to run a load of ONLY that - it takes up a lot of room! It's just as easy to wash by hand, dry, put back together and then put away :).

It IS.

I have it also, and yes, the thing that I like to cook in it ALSO, is a whole chicken!

New NuWave Pro Owner!

:chef:
Hello,

Wondering if any one has experiences with the NuWave Oven Pro? I have seen it on TV a couple of times and wonder how good it really is, besides all that were claimed on the infomercial.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, ideas, suggestions.
John

John;
I just bought the NuWave Oven Pro. I love it. It cooked a frozen chicken breast in 26 minutes. It was moist and tasty. I am anxious to try a lot of the other recipes, but I just got home, it was here, I unboxed it, and ouila, dinner for the two of us. I might mention it was over 90 degrees here today, but this cooked the chicken fast and had minimal heat output in the kitchen. Cleanup was also marvelous, as it is in the dishwasher as I type.

What a great new innovative product. Far superior to the microwave or a roaster oven.!!!!

I also got the carring case so I can take it to my 2 daughters' homes when it is my turn to cook over there! I just know they will want one once they see what it does. And both my son-in-laws are fantastic cooks also, so maybe a great christmas present!

Annie get'er done!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom